NCL Pricing Question

webzila

Is NCL the same as Carnival and Royal Caribbean where prices will be the same no matter where you book (TA, different websites, NCL.com, etc..)?

Just wanted to know if I should actually spend time looking.

My family and I want to try NCL Spririt out of New Orleans in August.

I have been on NCL once before...11 years ago!

Since then I have been on Carnival 3 times and Royal Caribbean 1 time ... out of Galveston each time. So we want to try a new port and a new (old ship) :D

No some TA's will offered obc, free dinners, wine etc. But you need to be able to compare aples to apples when dealing with TA's.

But we've always booked direct as I like to have control of the situation and have always had great service from our PCC.

I do keep a close eye for price reductions and have never been declined.

Cool. Thanks for the quick reply.

We were looking at OV room Aug 7. Prices seem kind of high for this ship and the time of year - $749.

I wonder if the prices will go down if we wait.

Can't help on that front, you can always wait to see what happens closer to when final payment is due for that sailing. But it also depends if you live near by or have to fly. If you have to fly then chances are what you save on cruise y'll end up spending on your flight.

We were looking at OV room Aug 7. Prices seem kind of high for this ship and the time of year - $749.

NCL prices are due to go UP on April 1. Just got off the phone with PCC. I booked my cruise now for Jan 2012 due to the increase.

Price will likely go up and the ship will likely sell out.

Is NCL the same as Carnival and Royal Caribbean where prices will be the same no matter where you book (TA, different websites, NCL.com, etc..)?

Since then I have been on Carnival 3 times and Royal Caribbean 1 time ... out of Galveston each time. So we want to try a new port and a new (old ship) :D

From a pricing standpoint, yes....it will be the same no matter where you look. You may be able to get perks and other "freebies" from a TA, but the base pricing, taxes and fees will remain the same. I wouldn't spend too much time looking.

August is peak season which is why the rates are higher. If you can go after Labor Day, the rates drop significantly.

yes, the only advantage of checking around might be perks. SOme agents will throw in insurance, wine, OBC etc.

NIta

Archived