Best way from Port Canaveral to Tampa

Alegeeter

Hey all,

My friends just booked their first cruise, out of Port Canaveral.

There small issue: their return flight is out of Tampa, which they booked because airfare was cheaper. Their original plan was to rent a car from the port and drive it to Tamps but the car rental place wants to charge them an additional $50 since it's a one way trip.

The grand question is: What do you think is the cheapest way to get from Port Canaveral to Tampa (length of trip doesn't matter as they are staying one night in Tampa before the flight home). Is renting the car still the best option?

And while we're at it, what's the best way to get to the port from Orlando? They are staying at a hotel which will charge them $25 a person to take the shuttle to the port - which, given the distance I don't think is bad but considering how knowledgeable you all are, I thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks in advance!

A rental car is likely the cheapest and easiest way to get from PC to Tampa; it is about an hour's drive to Orlando and another 75-90 minutes drive to Tampa (unless it's rush hour :eek:). Try searching www.carrentals.com to compare rates among several agencies - most major car rental agencies in FLA do not charge a drop fee, but may have higher rates for one-way rentals.

They could shuttle to MCO from PC for about $20 per person, but would likely still need a car to get to Tampa. Can the hotel they are staying at also transport them back to Orlando for a fee? :confused: Car rental prices may be cheaper at MCO because of the competition.

When your cruise dates get closer it may pay to search Hotwire and Priceline for deals. Check out www.betterbidding.com if you are not familiar with these sites.

Good luck! :)

I have done that several times never had to pay a one way fee check Avis they have a shuttle that will pick you up the port take you to the car rental and they have an eay drop off at Tampa.

Also go to Mousesavers dot com for some rate codes that will save you money.

Archived