Formal night question on NA

ybarber

Usually the first formal night is the first sea day, but on our March 13 cruise, the first day we are at HMC. The second day we are at Grand Turk. The first sea day is Wednesday. Will they hold the formal night then? I think I had read that they don't do formal night on an HMC day. Just wondering. We booked the Pinnacle for Tuesday evening, thinking it would not be a formal night. I guess it doesn't matter if we are in the MDR or the Pinnacle on formal night. I just wonder how they will handle it. Thanks!

we did both nieuw amsterdam itineraries

and yes -- we had formal night the day we were at hmc --

there are people here who keep telling others that it will never be on hmc -- which is wrong -- over the years every once in a while we have had a formal night on hmc day especially when hmc is at the beginning of the cruise followed by a port day

My experience is the first full day is usually formal night as long as it is either a sea day or an early port. HMC is an early port, so I would think it will be your formal night. We have had them as well when we tendered at HMC. Tenders come back mid afternoon, so there is lots of time to get ready for formal night :)

Archived