Has the ship ever missed Nassau?

bunchesofun

Just wondering because we booked the sea lion excursion at Blue Lagoon directly with them and I'm sure there would be no refunds if the ship didn't dock there. Just curious if/how often it happens.

Probably depends on the time of year (more likely during huricane season). I've been there 3 times and never had any problems. However last year (early Oct.) apparently there were rough seas the day before and a ship had to miss it. I don't think it happens very often.

It has happened that ships have missed Nassau, mainly do to tropical storms, hurricanes and such but it is fairly rare.

The bottom line is that you need to plan for the best but not be shocked by the worst. It's possible that your entire itinerary could change. Ports are not guaranteed...

:)

We missed Nassau during a 4-night cruise a few years ago. What happened was a small plane crashed in waters just outside of the Miami port. We sat on the ship in Miami for more than 24-hours, we had to drop the first stop, Nassau, from the itinerary and just to go CoCo Beach and Key West (this was when we sailed on RCC), the other planned stops during this cruise.

So .... yes, it could happen.

Nassau is rarely skipped due to the pier being behind an long strip of Paradise island that shields the pier area from heavy surf.

In all of my years of reading these boards, I have never seen anyone miss Nassau for weather or current reasons like almost every other port has.

(Just Hurricane or Tropical storm cancellations which you won't encounter in May)

By the way, you will love Blue Lagoon.

We did the Sea Lions and Dolphin encounter a couple of years ago.

Both were great. (I actually enjoyed the Sea Lions better)

Definitely a great excursion for your money.

I would also check their website.

I am almost positive that they don't charge you if your ship cannot dock. (they wouldn't be able to get you to their island if the cruiseline could not dock their humongous ship anyway)

Bill

I had a tour booked with Stuart's Cove a couple of years ago and the whole cruise was cancelled.

They asked that I email them a copy of the email from Carnival and then they credited the money right back.

So not all private excursions are nonrefundable.

I would definitely ask before hand what they might require as proof.

Archived