Seattle late arrival advice

ceetee

We arrive after midnight. My thoughts right now are to stay at one of the airport hotels, next morning take the light rail into town, tour and stay in town for night 2 & 3. Hopefully the hotel will hold our luggage until check-in time. I would love to use Priceline to secure a great price but am concerned on which hotel I would get, if any hotel at that hour still have a shuttle, and then get one in town that would be walkable from the light rail. If I do use Priceline for the in town hotel, which area would be best for our needs to see space needle, walk the pier area, Pike Market?

Then take the train the following morning to Bellingham or Vancouver.

Any advice welcomed.

You might want to consider staying at the airport the first nite. Seatac is 16 miles from downtown so there will be no downtown hotels with shuttles. If you look at the FAQ listing on the top of this forum you will see Seattle FAQ which has a link to Seattle hotel with cruise pkgs.

on Seattle forum Tripadvisor.com on top right is faq's in an easier format. Read Where to stay in Seattle, and arriving and departing. If you bid on Priceline or even easier with hotwire.com just stick to a 4* in the downtown zone only and you will be fine.

With such a late flight I would stay at the airport. If you want to be sure the airport hotel has a running shuttle you can't use Priceline, if you use Priceline you may need to take a cab. If you are planning to only tour Seattle one day, maybe it would be just as easy to stay at the airport and use the lightrail.

Jen in SoCal

We arrive after midnight. My thoughts right now are to stay at one of the airport hotels, next morning take the light rail into town, tour and stay in town for night 2 & 3. Hopefully the hotel will hold our luggage until check-in time. I would love to use Priceline to secure a great price but am concerned on which hotel I would get, if any hotel at that hour still have a shuttle, and then get one in town that would be walkable from the light rail. If I do use Priceline for the in town hotel, which area would be best for our needs to see space needle, walk the pier area, Pike Market?

Then take the train the following morning to Bellingham or Vancouver.

Any advice welcomed.

It sounds like you've decided on the SeaTac area for the first night, but are asking where to stay to sightsee for nights 2 and 3? Belltown or a hotel near the pike place market would probably be the most ideal location, with the area near Seattle Center a close 2nd imho. If you have specific hotels you are considering come back & ask advice, or trip advisor is a great resource as well.

Belltown really isn't a tourist spot. Lots of clubs and issues. Staying in downtown on Pike Pine corridor is the best. On seattle tripadvisor.com there is a FAQ on top called where to stay in Seattle

Belltown really isn't a tourist spot. Lots of clubs and issues. Staying in downtown on Pike Pine corridor is the best. On seattle tripadvisor.com there is a FAQ on top called where to stay in Seattle

It's next to the seattle center / space needle, close to the waterfront & the Market. Which I do believe the OP was asking about.

Archived