Carnival V Princess

stingau

G'day All,

Ok this is the GO..... After having cruised with P&O aussie ships that are rejects from other lines we discovered the Ruby Princess and loved it.

Now we are coming back to the States again but this time only Carnival have cruises that we want to do. We are looking at a B2B in early Sept. on Carnival Freedom.

Now anything has to be better than the P&O Pacific Star which was previously the 1982 built 35000 ton Costa Tropicale. Even our aussie newest ships are the old Regal Princess and Crown Princess. But I digress..

Anyone sailed on both Ruby as well as the Freedom. What difference's can we expect. Somewhere I read popcorn which was free on Princess has to be paid for on Carnival. On P&O Aust anything outside of the 3 meal times you pay for including Room Service.

Both seem to have anytime dining

Both seem to have good kids programs

Both have open air big screen movies

Can you get breakfast delivered to your stateroom on Carnival?

What are the room sizes and fitting like

Any difference in Food Quality? Both ships will be departing/did depart from Ft Lauderdale so suppliers should be the same.

Also this will be our first B2B so any perks/benefits that we should expect

All help and advice gratefully received

Steve

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1374973

This current thread is pretty evenhanded and there are some several posts explaining the differences. We have a great time on both lines. For what it's worth, the Ruby Princess is my favorite ship as well.

I have been on both the Ruby and its sister, the Crown Princess as welll as the Liberty, the Freedom's sister twice. The Ruby is a much nicer ship. But you can have a great time on Carnival Conquest class ships, much the same. My kids enjoyed Carnival's kids programs, waterslides, etc. more than what princess has for kids. When we're with the kids, we prefer Carnival. I think it's a great line for families. Princess is better for us parents.

We just did "Ruby" and have done lots and lots of Carnival ships. I think you'll find that the cabins and the BATHROOMS are larger on the "Freedom", and the entertainment is a bit better on the Carnival ship as well. Of course, the entertainment is subjective. I think the food is pretty much the same. Yes, you can get room service aboard Carnival, any time, for just the price of a tip. We don't sail with children, but do a family reunion cruise every year, and I think you'll agree that the childrens programs are pretty much the same on both. I don't think you'll find any perks/benefits available on either line for doing the back to back. Either ship/line will be great, but I personally prefer the "Freedom".

"SKY"

Archived