Bermuda in November from Baltimore? Or Caribbean? Weather help please!

sharp_cruiser

Hi,

We are researching some cruises on CCL for around November. I chose November b/c I thought that was "after" hurricane season and we wanted to go someplace warm, so I just assumed we'd do the Caribbean. (We are taking CCL because we have a 2 y.o. and they change diapers).

Then I found a CCL cruise out of Baltimore in November... more expensive cruise but we could drive there (long drive tho).

I just assumed it would be a nice sunny warm place just like the Caribbean in November. But, now I'm reading that isn't really the case.

So, I have questions!!

Is it much cooler there? I've looked at the weather links and it seems we are in the 70s at that time, but the water warmth is iffy. DH likes to snorkel and the we want the baby playing in the sand/water's edge so I'd like it to be warm enough for that.

Also, is November a relatively safe time to escape the hurricanes there?

Or...

should I stick with my original plan: fly to Tampa ($$) a day early, overnight ($$), cruise western caribbean (not as much $$).

thanks a ton for any advice!

I went to Bermuda (not on a cruise) in mid October a couple years ago. My husband got in the water once but it was way too cold for me. We did enjoy hanging out on the beach but it was too cold to swim IMO. I am sure November is even colder. Personally I would not do Bermuda in November if getting in the water is important to you. In fact, after that trip, I decided I would not go back to Bermuda in the fall again at all.

Many people wrongly assume that Bermuda is in the Caribbean or at least has similar weather. It is located due east of North Carolina so the weather will be quite similar to that.

All our cruises to Bermuda have been in late Sept. to mid Oct. and even though it is considered hurricane season, we have never had any problems nor did we give it any thought when booking.;)

Personally, I would not go there in Nov. simply because it is getting chillier and not as warm as we would like. Sept. and Oct. have always been what we consider almost perfect weather. Very warm without humidity like earlier in the season and the water has always been plenty warm.

Bermuda is not a hotbed of hurricanes and they hit the US coast more often, but if you are worried about them and you want warmer weather, you should probably choose your other option.

Thanks for these replies. I wonder if a better option would be to try Bermuda in earlier Fall, Sept or Oct? From reading though it seems like the best time for Bermuda is May,June type time period.

Are the seas rough on this route, rougher certain times of the year?

Thanks for these replies. I wonder if a better option would be to try Bermuda in earlier Fall, Sept or Oct? From reading though it seems like the best time for Bermuda is May,June type time period.

Are the seas rough on this route, rougher certain times of the year?

Late May and early June IMO are the best times for Bermuda. Once you get into late June and thru the summer months it is very hot and extremely humid. If you're there on May 24th, it's Bermuda Day and there are lots of activities, parades and festivals going on. We just happend to be there on that date - and I thought they were doing it for my birthday!;)

Hi Sharp Cruiser,

Although the topic has been hashed out on this board many times, the consensus seems to be that just before high summer (April/May) and just after (Sept/Oct) offer the best weather, because the humidity is not too high, the air and water temps are warm and the island is at its most beautiful.

Certainly, as a local, those are my favorite times of the year.

As Bermuda is way, way north of the Caribbean, we are right on the outer edge of "Hurricane Alley" and we hardly ever see one close up, so to speak, so don't let the "Hurricane Season" thing worry you at all.

Have Fun!

We are going to take the Pride to Bermuda in November.

With that said, we are not swimming beach people - I am going to go to some Bermudan beaches for the photo ops of the Pink Sand.

We live in MD & are assuming that the weather will be similar in Bermuda.

We are going to take the Pride to Bermuda in November.

With that said, we are not swimming beach people - I am going to go to some Bermudan beaches for the photo ops of the Pink Sand.

We live in MD & are assuming that the weather will be similar in Bermuda.

You sound just like me:) We are looking into booking for Bermuda for next October. We don't hang out on beaches and go swimming (probably stick our feet in) so the cooler the weather the better for us! I only go, take the photos and then sight see

My DH and do like beaches and swimming, but we are going to try Bermuda in November. Sometimes we have very nice weather in Maryland in November, so I am hoping for nice weather, 70's but I will not be sad if i can't swim. A cruise in cool weather is better than no cruise at all. We are really looking forward to exploring Bermuda.

We are thinking of Bermuda out of NYC at the end of October. We are not swimming people but we love the beach and suntanning. I would hate to go to Bermuda and not be able to enjoy some quiet R & R on the beach. I am now thinking that perhaps September would be better.... hmmmm ..... Decisions decisions..... :confused:

Archived