New pics of Star posted

ottawapuppy

And glad to see we have the same tastes: isn't that french toast at Cagney's UNBELIEVABLE???

TOTALLY INSANE!!!! I had it like 3 of the days.

It is not a great picture of it, but I had to give it a shout out. I loved the breakfasts in Cagney's. I had them bring me the regular Lavazza coffe instead of the French press. Found the press coffee a bit on the weak side.

Oh, the brownies were totally crazy as well. (but not at breakfast...though a boy can wish....)

Mike

Day 1 (leaving LA) – Forcast: Rainy high of 53F

- it wasn’t raining when we left but very cold, if you look at the sailaway BBQ you will notice almost everyone are in jackets

I had changed changed into shorts for the sailaway and it was SO COLD!!!!! Once we cleared the channel and were out of the harbour we ran inside to warm up.

Mike

Oh, the brownies were totally crazy as well. (but not at breakfast...though a boy can wish....)

Mike

MIKE: Now why did you have to go and mention 'those' brownies?? :eek:

Something for me to think about for the next FIFTY days !!;)

I wouldn't say that...She definitely need some revamping. The new suites area (where the old Spinnaker's was located) is stunning. The remaining areas are pretty worn and tired. The furniture and rugs are thread bare through most of the ship. The couch in our room was fine, but in our friends' balcony rooms they were filthy and stained.

The words threadbare, filthy, stained and needing revamping are scary. I don't think I'd ever hear the end of it from my fiance if the cruise ship I chose for our honeymoon is like this. We are staying in the new suites area, but I just hope the Star is still nice. I was on the Carnival Imagination YEARS ago and I remember duct tape holding the carpet tgoether, juice stains everywhere and a lot of grossness throughout. Please tell me the Star isn't like this!

It reminded me of a hospital cafeteria. Really awful and always crowded. We avoided it.

I guess we will do the same! Sounds pretty terrible.

Meat and vegetables grilled on "hooks" that dangled from the stand. It is a meal designed to be shared by two people in Endless Summer. The rest of the TexMex food was good too. Good guacamole!

Looks pretty fun and different!

Thanks for answering my questions :)

-aj

We're just back from a week-long sailing of Norwegian Star. I have posted some pictures of the ship on our web site.

I also plan on posting the Freestyle Dailies from our sailing as well. I have a bit of a mountain of laundry to get through first.

The link to the web site is listed in my signature below. Click the Norwegian Star link on the right-hand side of the page. (The are some photos of the rest of our vacation in there as well, so you might have to scroll down the first page to the point where we get on the ship.)

We were in Romance Suite at the back of the ship (10726), what a great room with a large verandah. The suite perks were outstanding. All was not sunshine and lollipops; we had some housekeeping and service issues that had difficulty being resolved.

Any questions, please let me know!

Mike

Thanks for the pictures.:)

I will be on the NCL Star for the 2 nighter CTN. Now I'm so excited I cant wait.:D

Mike, I hope to see a journal (and/or a review from Lee) on your website at some point. Always enjoy reading your informative and entertaining essays on your cruise experiences. (Still salivating for your take on your Oasis trip, as well!) Please don't tell me your writing days are over!

Archived