New pics of Star posted

ottawapuppy

We're just back from a week-long sailing of Norwegian Star. I have posted some pictures of the ship on our web site.

I also plan on posting the Freestyle Dailies from our sailing as well. I have a bit of a mountain of laundry to get through first.

The link to the web site is listed in my signature below. Click the Norwegian Star link on the right-hand side of the page. (The are some photos of the rest of our vacation in there as well, so you might have to scroll down the first page to the point where we get on the ship.)

We were in Romance Suite at the back of the ship (10726), what a great room with a large verandah. The suite perks were outstanding. All was not sunshine and lollipops; we had some housekeeping and service issues that had difficulty being resolved.

Any questions, please let me know!

Mike

Thanks sooo much for post great photos! LUV Dory on your verandah!! One question....are you able to walk to Lovers Beach or do you HAVE to take a water taxi?? Thanks.....We leave in one week! CANNOT WAIT!!!:D

Thanks sooo much for post great photos! LUV Dory on your verandah!! One question....are you able to walk to Lovers Beach or do you HAVE to take a water taxi?? Thanks.....We leave in one week! CANNOT WAIT!!!:D

Walk? I don't think you can...jumping into a water taxi is pretty easy though. We had Divorce Beach to ourselves, I so wish we had a longer stop in Cabo to enjoy it more.

Mike

Thanks for the pics! We will be in 10226 next month so I loved seeing your pictures, and especially your cabin pics!

Where is Divorce beach in Cabo? It seems everyone recommends Medano beach. Do you know what the differences are between the 2 and why you selected Divorce beach?

MIchelle

Where is Divorce beach in Cabo? It seems everyone recommends Medano beach. Do you know what the differences are between the 2 and why you selected Divorce beach?

I think Divorce Beach is the "slang" name for it. It is right by the arched rocks. Lover's Beach is on the side that faces the ship, Divorce Beach is the other side. We ended up there because we wanted to go and see the rocks close up, and had the option to get off on the beach for a while. We had no idea the beaches would be so uncrowded. Can't really swim there though. It is where the two tourists got washed away a few weeks ago.

Mike

Great website and photos. My fiance and I are going on the Star in October in one of the new suites for our honeymoon. Glad to see such a huge turnout for Friends of Dorothy meetings. Looks like you had a blast. Ship looks like it's in good condition. The only big negatives I hear about the Star are that the buffet is underwhelming and crowded. Anything else we need to watch out for? What was that Il Popo? Looks interesting! Thanks for sharing, AJ

Great website and photos. My fiance and I are going on the Star in October in one of the new suites for our honeymoon.

Congratulations!

Glad to see such a huge turnout for Friends of Dorothy meetings.

We had up to 25 people one night. It was a good group. They did not have enough people working in the bar though, took a long time to get a drink.

Ship looks like it's in good condition.

I wouldn't say that...She definitely need some revamping. The new suites area (where the old Spinnaker's was located) is stunning. The remaining areas are pretty worn and tired. The furniture and rugs are thread bare through most of the ship. The couch in our room was fine, but in our friends' balcony rooms they were filthy and stained.

The only big negatives I hear about the Star are that the buffet is underwhelming and crowded.

It reminded me of a hospital cafeteria. Really awful and always crowded. We avoided it.

What was that Il Popo? Looks interesting!

Meat and vegetables grilled on "hooks" that dangled from the stand. It is a meal designed to be shared by two people in Endless Summer. The rest of the TexMex food was good too. Good guacamole!

Mike

Can you please tell me what beach you were at in PV?

I don't know if the beach has a specific name, but it the one in the zona romantica part of town. There are a lot of hotels with beach chairs along that stretch. I imagine most will let you sit if you buy some drinks.

Mike

We are on the Star in October and also have a rear cabin, but on the ninth floor. Were the stern cabins noisy? Thanks

Not on deck 10. We had no problems with noise at all. Plus, the hallways in our area were quiet as since there is very little foot traffic back there.

Mike

I think Divorce Beach is the "slang" name for it. It is right by the arched rocks. Lover's Beach is on the side that faces the ship, Divorce Beach is the other side. We ended up there because we wanted to go and see the rocks close up, and had the option to get off on the beach for a while. We had no idea the beaches would be so uncrowded. Can't really swim there though. It is where the two tourists got washed away a few weeks ago.

Mike

Thanks!

I don't know if the beach has a specific name, but it the one in the zona romantica part of town. There are a lot of hotels with beach chairs along that stretch. I imagine most will let you sit if you buy some drinks.

Mike

That helps! Thanks Mike.

ottawapuppy - I am sailing on the Star with my family in 2 weeks. I'm curious about the weather on sail away day and the first and last sea day. Can you share what your experience was? We were on this same cruise in November three years ago and it was cool those days, and actually very cold the last sea day as we were sailing into a storm. The pool did not get into full swing until our 2nd day at sea. Getting ready to start thinking about clothes to pack so I thought I'd get feedback from a recent cruiser!

ottawapuppy - I am sailing on the Star with my family in 2 weeks. I'm curious about the weather on sail away day and the first and last sea day. Can you share what your experience was? We were on this same cruise in November three years ago and it was cool those days, and actually very cold the last sea day as we were sailing into a storm. The pool did not get into full swing until our 2nd day at sea. Getting ready to start thinking about clothes to pack so I thought I'd get feedback from a recent cruiser!

We were on the same cruise

Day 1 (leaving LA) – Forcast: Rainy high of 53F

- it wasn’t raining when we left but very cold, if you look at the sailaway BBQ you will notice almost everyone are in jackets

Day 2 (at sea) – Forcast: Mostly sunny high of 59F, noon temp was 53F

Day 3 (at sea) – Forcast: Sunny high of 75F, sunrise temp was 55F

Day 4 (cabo) – Forcast: Sunny high of 80F, sunrise temp was 60F

- beautiful and warm on shore

Day 5 (Puerto V.) – Forcast: Sunny high of 81F

- beautiful and warm on shore

Day 6 (at sea) – Forcast: High of 75F

Day 7 (at sea) – Forcast: Mostly sunny high of 88

Day 8 – (arriving LA)

- beautiful warm day

Cold wind almost every day except at Mexican ports

Archived