Early Booking Eclipse Iceland 2012

carrr

Hi,

I am looking to book the Eclipse cruise to Iceland next July. Normally I don't book this early but I wanted to have a choice of cabins. I have always booked through a cruise travel agent and never really looked into prices going up or down, as I didn'think I would be able to claim anything back should the price decrease. I contacted Celebrity today to get a quote and as usual they are more expenisve but are willing to give me an increase in onboard credit and that should the price go down before I make the final payment they will refund the difference. Can anyone offer me any advice???

Kind regards

Rachael

The Eclipse seems to be doing very appealing itineraries in Europe that tend to sell well. There is less of a chance of prices going down with Eclipse than the other Celebrity ships (IMHO). This past year prices tended to go up, not down on most Eclipse Europe sailings. That is one ship I would book early.

Hi,

I am looking to book the Eclipse cruise to Iceland next July. Normally I don't book this early but I wanted to have a choice of cabins. I have always booked through a cruise travel agent and never really looked into prices going up or down, as I didn'think I would be able to claim anything back should the price decrease. I contacted Celebrity today to get a quote and as usual they are more expenisve but are willing to give me an increase in onboard credit and that should the price go down before I make the final payment they will refund the difference. Can anyone offer me any advice???

Kind regards

Rachael

Hi Rachael,

The same applies if you book through a travel agent..... if the fare decreases before the final payment date, your agent can call celebrety and get a revised fare. I have done this many times. I love booking early and planning well ahead. The looking forward to the cruise is half the fun.

I have just booked two cruises on eclipse for 2012 ;) Ooooops

Ian :D

Hi Ian

Sorry to bother you but I see you have sailed with Eclipse a number of times, can I ask you about accommodation? I have been researching the Sticky thread re: rooms and just need a little advice. I haven't been in an aft cabin before and thought it would be nice....I am looking at C1 Sky Deck and Penthouse Deck - do you have any thoughts?? I also considered the AQ class but didn't think that the perks warranted an additional £200 per person, unless you think otherwise?

Rach

Hi Ian

Sorry to bother you but I see you have sailed with Eclipse a number of times, can I ask you about accommodation? I have been researching the Sticky thread re: rooms and just need a little advice. I haven't been in an aft cabin before and thought it would be nice....I am looking at C1 Sky Deck and Penthouse Deck - do you have any thoughts?? I also considered the AQ class but didn't think that the perks warranted an additional £200 per person, unless you think otherwise?

Rach

Rachael, I'll throw my thoughts in as I've stayed in an aft SV. Unless the C1 is on the Resort Deck the balcony is very exposed. This has its good points and bad points. If the sun is shining then it's good if the sun isn't too strong (which it shouldn't be on this itinerary). If it rains then the balcony really has little to cover you and even the table isn't fully covered so you get wet. I experienced soot from the smoke stack to varying degrees. Many have reported they had it too, others that didn't. Luck of the wind direction, but it was out there for me and the cabin steward washed the balcony down every morning. I'd wake up and have to mop the balcony railing down before leaning on it. Being so open there isn't a lot of privacy from above or below. You can't beat that wake view though. Take care if you do choose an aft C1 as they vary in width. See this link:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18515705&highlight=#post18515705

I've booked this cruise and FWIW have gone for a C2 on the angle of the hump as the balconies are quite a bit bigger.

Phil

This is the kind of itinerary that will probably sell out early. Our TA last fall included Reykjavik and akureyri also and was sold out 8 months out. The prices did nothing but go up.

Consider also the 1A cabins, huge balconies and great location for less than the CC class. We've had both on deck 9 and were pleased.

Eclipse is an awesome ship, you will love it and Iceland. Like no other place we've seen. Prices are about what I expected considering fuel costs.

Wish we could join you!

Hi Ian

Rach

Hey Rach,

I have had a sky suite and the location was great, but the motion horrible. In moderate seas I found the stern of the ship was going a swaying motion that I found was not very nice. I don't normally get sea sick but felt quite 'off' at times. I would recommend one of the side C1's

Ian:D

Thank you all for all your help, this cruise is getting booked up fast and I bit the bullet and went for the C1 aft but with a larger balcony, we will see how that goes, hopefully it will be a good experience - if not then that's life!

Rach x

Archived