just booked 08/12! Cabins 8270 and 8272 and balcony question

So excited! just booked today! for my parents 50th wedding anniversary!

we got adjoining rooms 8270 and 8272 anyone have any knowledge of these rooms, anyone have any pics of what it looks like to have the balcony divider removed?

is deck 8 good?

Thanks!

I don't have a picture; but I did have it removed on Allure in Jan; your cabin steward has a tool to open them. the balcony has a door that unlocks and opens between the cabins.

Deck 8 is awesome. We had a oceanview balcony in February and rebooked the same room for Jan 2012. We would grab coffee and breakfast sandwiches at Park Cafe and eat on our Balcony. I love walking through Central Park.

I was assigned (guarantee) cabin 8270 for my cruise in two weeks. I know it is a connecting door, which I don't need. I'm very concerned about the furniture on the room. Someone said that I will get a chair instead of the couch for the connecting door to open, which like I said, I don't need, is only my husband and myself. I will let youknow about the room in two weeks after I come back. Enjoy your cruise preparation and plans.

I am too lazy to reformat tonight but posted a picture to my flickr account showing my daughter sitting right where the divider is open between the two balconies. You can see behind her the glass that is folded back when asked to be opened. The whole divider does not open, just the glass.

2010_1126Fall20100301

• 3 years later...

I see that it has been a few years since you booked rooms 8270 & 8272 but how did you like them? We just booked them for Spring Break 2015. Any suggestions on shows to see or excursions. This will be our first cruise and a graduation gift for our daughter! So excited!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...