How to get VIP

so i was watching youtube cruise secrets and tips. and it says that if you mention to the cruise agent that you are from a review board or something that they will upgrade you or make you VIP. is this true? and if so will it work for cruise critic?

old wives tale.

Just like the old story of dressing nice and receiving a comp upgrade to first class on the plane,,,, ain't gonna happen

...it says that if you mention to the cruise agent that you are from a review board or something that they will upgrade you or make you VIP. is this true? and if so will it work for cruise critic?

Never heard of that one.

its on some youtube post. i wasnt sure whether or not to believe it. as far as dressing nice.. we dont fly. PERIOD. lol and we always try to dress nice. :O) but ive never received an upgrade on anything for FREE before. im young. 22 and impressionable, but my husband always puts his foot down when i think im getting a good deal and turns out someones pulling one over on me. haha

• 4 weeks later...
Tell John Heald that you are from CC and understand that will get you upgrade to vip.

On second thought please dont.icon7.gif

Golfadj, you shouldn't have told her that, she actually asked him!:confused:

Shaking head......:o:eek::(:rolleyes:

old wives tale.

Just like the old story of dressing nice and receiving a comp upgrade to first class on the plane,,,, ain't gonna happen

That only happens if you're flying on a buddy pass.. They will give you a seat in first class if you are dressed nicely if those seats are the only ones available :)

Asking for a free upgrade from Deck 1 to a suite no less. That's impressive.

I do wish you a great cruise. Don't let this disappointment spoil it. Everything else on the ship will be the same regardless.

Ahhhh, if only it were that easy, just to be able to ask for VIP... To think, I'd have taken all those cruises for nothing, lol.

Tell John Heald that you are from CC and understand that will get you upgrade to vip.

On second thought please dont.icon7.gif

Stu how could you??? :eek: :mad:

Seriously, either book an OS/VS/GS or get 10 cruises in real quickly!

Archived