My Friend Mario wouldnt do a tour for us :( Any other recs?

stiej

We are doing the 10 night Zuiderdam cruise in April and I emailed My Friend Mario about the Embrera/Waterfall/Canal tour and he wrote me back

"

Thank you for your interest in our tours, unfortunately we do not offer tour for Holland American cruise in Colon.

Enjoy your vacation!

Your friend Mario"

I dont know why he isnt offering tours for Holland American? But does anyone have any other recommendations for something similar?Thank you.

I'm not positive and you'd have to check your itinerary - but how long is the Zuiderdam docked in Colon? Doesn't it usually only stop there for a few hours to pick up passengers who disembarked in Gatun Lake by tender for a HAL sponsored tour? If so that would be the reason why local tour operators aren't involved. If you're in Colon for a longer period of time and allowed to disembark then there are a lot of taxis available to take you there but make sure you have enough time. A tour to Emberra would be several hours.

Bouncing off of what Appygirl posted..... In the past the Z'dam has done the partial transit itinerary, which is locking through Gatun Locks, tendering off passengers for tours in Gatun Lake, then locking back through Gatun Locks and then docking in Colon. When ships discharge passengers in Gatun Lake only passegers who have tours booked through the ship may disembark. The main reason for this is due to the fact the area is very remote, no town, no transportation etc. In fact the area is pretty much in the middle of the construction of the Canal expansion. The stop in Colon is only a few hours and is primarily to collect the touring passengers.

If indeed you are on a partial transit itin, this explains why MFM can't help you on this cruise.

Part of me was like - well, we will use this as an educational opportunity to let the kids know about other cultures but the 'clothing' situation might be a little confusing for my kids. I dont know :/ I know it would be a great cultural experience. It had 5 stars in the HAL reviews.

Part of me was like - well, we will use this as an educational opportunity to let the kids know about other cultures but the 'clothing' situation might be a little confusing for my kids. I dont know :/ I know it would be a great cultural experience. It had 5 stars in the HAL reviews.

The women put on tops for the tourists -- I did see one little one, maybe 3, naked. I think it should be fine.

Archived