LOS to Tokyo

goya

We are going on our Asia cruise 23rd or April from Shanghai to Tokyo.

What will be happend with the tsunami and the big problems they have in the moment?

We have booked the flights long time ago, so we wont get any money back. The Hotels are no problem, we could cancel them.

But how can we find out what will be going on with our cruise, because 5 years ago with princess they canceled us 5 ports.

Well, Tokyo appears to be the farthest north port on that cruise - and the badly affected areas are about 300 kilometres further north than that, so I see no reason why this event should alter your itinerary. Narita (Tokyo) airport is reported to be partially re-open today, so I wouldn't worry too much about flights in April (I stress again, from this event!)

How can you find out for sure? Wait for anouncements from RCI or your travel agent :)

Many airlines are allowing folks to change travel plans involving Tokyo and Japan anyhow since the destruction is widespread and affects the country as a whole.

Hopefully by April 23rd, there will be enough infrastructure restored around Tokyo that you have zero issues.

Of course we also hope for the Japanese that the entire island gets back to a new normal as soon as possible...and our prayers and thoughts to the hundreds killed and their families.

Many airlines are allowing folks to change travel plans involving Tokyo and Japan anyhow since the destruction is widespread and affects the country as a whole.

Hopefully by April 23rd, there will be enough infrastructure restored around Tokyo that you have zero issues.

Of course we also hope for the Japanese that the entire island gets back to a new normal as soon as possible...and our prayers and thoughts to the hundreds killed and their families.

Well put! :)

I echo your sentiment, of course. But where are you getting your information from? There are few infrastructure problems in Tokyo today - the power is on, trains are running, the airport is open. As for "the country as a whole", I know people further south (never mind the other islands) who only knew there had been a big one because of the news and the tsunami warnings - they felt nothing at all.

I echo your sentiment, of course. But where are you getting your information from? There are few infrastructure problems in Tokyo today - the power is on, trains are running, the airport is open.

Narita is about an hour from Tokyo. My friend's husband took a cab yesterday - it took 10 hours. He is now sitting in a hotel room waiting for a flight to Singapore. He has been there 24 hrs so far. Flights all in chaos and looking unlikely he'll be back tonight or tomorrow.

It is too far off to say what the situation will be in Tokyo (or anywhere else in the world ), and at the moment I am sure no decisions have been made. But whatever happenes you and I will be better off than those that suffered in the last 24 hours, so lets be grateful for that. I have in the past had to cancell trips due to similar situations, but always consider my loss to be less than those directly involved. You may find that your insurance covers any cancelled trips, this would apply if the governments advised against travel.

We are going on our Asia cruise 23rd or April from Shanghai to Tokyo.

What will be happend with the tsunami and the big problems they have in the moment?

We have booked the flights long time ago, so we wont get any money back. The Hotels are no problem, we could cancel them.

But how can we find out what will be going on with our cruise, because 5 years ago with princess they canceled us 5 ports.

The Narita airport was closed for a few hours, but now its working again.

Here in Spain we had already flights again.

There are 4 tourists missing from our little island.

Archived