Anyone back from Regatta

oceansandseas

Hi

Has anyone been on the Regatta during February or March. How was trivia? How were the shows? Any shows or acts that we should make sure to see. What band plays at the pool and for dancing. Or is there any dancing. Are they good?

We will be leaving next week and I can hardly wait. Nearly packed already.

Hi

Has anyone been on the Regatta during February or March. How was trivia? How were the shows? Any shows or acts that we should make sure to see. What band plays at the pool and for dancing. Or is there any dancing. Are they good?

The ships orchestra plays dance music before dinner in the Regatta Lounge for 30 or 45 minutes. They stretch the time that they play if the floor is full, but contract it if the floor is empty.

After dinner (say 10PM ish), there is a DJ up in Horizons where they play dance records until the bar closes. Once again, the length of the entertainment depends on participation.

Trivia is always fun.

Hi

We just returned last week and found the entertainment to be much better than that on the Insignia last fall. Apparently at least 3 the entertainers (Amanda, Mark and Kelly) are new within the last month or so, and they're joined by the assistant CD Chris. We enjoyed "Hot Vegas Nights" and "Showstoppers" but missed "Swing!," "Ritmo Caliente," "Maestro!," the magician, and the Flamenco Fusion guitarist. The musicians are the Regatta String Quartet and the Horizon band (quite good). We thought the most fun was the Deck Party with the band and the cast performing "Boogie Nights" with dancing led by the CD David. So yes--the entertainers had good voices and dance moves, were energetic, and added lots of fun to our cruise. :D Can you tell I still haven't put my Currents newsletters away?

I also just returned from the Feb. 25 Regatta sailing. I played trivia every day, sometimes 3 times a day, whenever there was a quiz. The questions are really, really hard. Be sure to assemble a team of smart people who all will contribute if you want to win those big O points. I ended up with 112 points from a 12 day cruise which got me 2 short sleeve and 1 long sleeve Oceania t shirts.

Archived