Ship's Shore Excursions-by what time are they all posted?

peapod2

Hello all.

We'll be aboard Oceania for the first time this July on Marina. I've noticed on Oceania's website that there are several port stops on this itinerary (Cork, Holyhead, Douglas-Isle of Man, Geiranger/Hellesylt) that still do not show information listing any ship's shore excursions. Could some of you experienced Oceania cruisers please give me an idea of how much closer to departure date it might get before we should expect to have a reasonably complete idea of what the ship's shore excursion offerings will be? Our cruise is only 4 months away and it would be really helpful to know at this point, or at least very soon, what the ship's excursion offerings will be. A helpful poster on the Rollcall suggested that more info. should be posted at some point closer to sailing date, but I'm still wondering how far away that point might be or if it might even be as late as some time after final payment time rather than prior to final payment. Also, is it possible that for some ports Oceania might not even be offering any excursions at all?

Thanks in advance for any/all insights anyone might be able to give.

I can't specifically answer your question but I can tell you what we had last July for Gerainger/Hellsylt.

Hellsylt was only a short stop long enough to tender off the passengers who had signed up for one of two ship's tours. No one else could leave the ship.

One was a hike up Mt. Flo and then a bus trip to Gerainger. The other was basically a bus tour of the area. Both were all day trips that cost $249pp.

I didn't keep any record of tours for Geiranger but I don't think there were any. Both are very tiny towns where you have to tender. In Geiranger we booked a trip online for a ride back out the Fjord -- it was the same ride we had coming in but being a much smaller boat the perspective was very different and it was well worth the money. Not that it was an expensive trip. We booked online but friends on board were able to get their tickets on the dock.

It depends cruise by cruise and even by port. I am a little surprised it is not posted yet.

Kirk

Thanks to you both (Mura & KirkNC) for your replies. I, too, am a little surprised and am wondering whether the omissions might just be an oversight. Think I'll ask my TA to make inquiries and see what's going on.

Archived