When is your Middle School spring break?

august1963

In our school district, here in SW PA, our break is always at Easter (where ever it falls). We never get a full week anyway. It is always Good Friday & then the Mon & Tue after Easter. However, we always seem to have to use those for snow days. LOL! :)

All 1 million plus NYC public school kids will be on break for Easter/Passover from April 16 - April 26...

And all of the public schools on Long Island as well....

24 more wakeups

4 weeks and 4 days more of work! But who is counting?

I am a teacher from the area of Cleveland, OH and our spring break is April 16-25.

Same in Montgomery County, Maryland (and probably most of the rest of the DC area).

ditto for baltimore city. but one county only gets that friday and monday off. not the whole week

Just wondering where in southwest MI. I grew up In St. Joseph. we are now in Louisville, KY.

My DH works for colleges/universities, and his spring break was last week. 3/5 - 3/13. Our DD's high school spring break is the first week of April.

We are in Three Rivers.

All 1 million plus NYC public school kids will be on break for Easter/Passover from April 16 - April 26...

And all of the public schools on Long Island as well....

24 more wakeups

4 weeks and 4 days more of work! But who is counting?

When put that way I can bear my way thru the workday today...only 24 more wakeups!!!

I guess if schools in other areas are closed in March & Early April, maybe for Easter/Passover they only get a couple of days? I don't think most areas get that whole week off for President's week like we do so they make up for by giving the break at another time.

Ocean County,NJ - NO Spring Break. They reduced the school schedule and took away all long breaks outside of Christmas/New Years. The purpose was to reduce the days in June, so she now get out 2 weeks earlier.

Doesn't stop me from planning a cruise though. NJ Teacher's Convention is Novmber 10-11 (Thurs and Friday) so we are leaving on a cruise the Saturday before. :)

My 5 year old is on break this week 3/14-3/18 and my daughter in high school is 3/28-4/1. I have gone back to school and am finishing up a degree to become a RN and my break is the same as my daughter in high school.

We got hit with more snow than usual, so many districts won't have a spring break. Ours, and the community college too, begins after school this Friday. :D

We will add days to the end of the year for snow. :eek:

First drink's on me!

Im in Maine every year we have 3rd week of Feb off and 3rd week of April..so this year April 16-24. We currently dont get out of school however until June 14 as long as we dont have anymore snow days. And we start around Labor day. I would like to see Feb vacation go away and let us out a week earlier.

From MN and the Twin Cities' area spring break appears to be starting as early as 3/11 and ending as late as 4/3. Other areas could be a little later but not much. Some spring breaks may also be shortened here due to snow days.

Archived