x obstruction on cabins 1237, 1235

pal4404

We are considering a CS cabin on a 2012 Eastern Carribbean cruise on the Solstice. Can someone please advise how obstructive the x on the balcony panels would be on cabins 1237 or 1235 and any other disadvantages to booking one. It seems obsurd to pay the price for the cabin and not be able to enjoy a nice view from the balcony. Thanks for your input.

We are considering a CS cabin on a 2012 Eastern Carribbean cruise on the Solstice. Can someone please advise how obstructive the x on the balcony panels would be on cabins 1237 or 1235 and any other disadvantages to booking one. It seems obsurd to pay the price for the cabin and not be able to enjoy a nice view from the balcony. Thanks for your input.

Hi Pal4404,

I don't think there would be an obstruction - although i'm not sure how much you are concerned about. My understanding is it is a great balcony, with a great view, atleast that's what we are hoping. My DW and I are booked for 1235 on the Solstice in April. We would be happy to answer any questions you have after our trip.

Thanks!

Robb.

Hi Pal4404,

I don't think there would be an obstruction - although i'm not sure how much you are concerned about. My understanding is it is a great balcony, with a great view, atleast that's what we are hoping. My DW and I are booked for 1235 on the Solstice in April. We would be happy to answer any questions you have after our trip.

Thanks!

Robb.

Would appreciate any information you can provide. We currently are booked in 1237 and am concerned that the X on the bump out will obscure our view from the balcony when sitting.

Follow this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1031600 and you will see a picture of an X obstruction. 1237 probably has some obstruction. We were in 1607(a royal Suite) on Feb 27 and 1/3 of the balcony had the obstruction. When you are sitting on the balcony, you can see the water through the obstruction-like looking through sunglasses. We were in 1110(Celebrity Suite) last year on the hump No Obstruction and a phenomenal balcony. I would try for 1233/1110/1615 or 1618 if I were you. Balcony is almost twice the size of 1237 balcony.

Catherine

Archived