P&O Loyalty Programme

Sandielle

If you HAD just been on the Pacific Dawn, you would have heard all about its benefits.

You pay $100 per person which acts as a deposit plus OBC and you can still book through your preferred TA and avail yourself of their benefits. You have 4 years to use it and it is refundable if you cannot use it.

I have lent my full description to a friend who is cruising soon, so am unable, at the moment, to post the exact wording.

so if you pay $100 for your poeosit per person how much is the OBC?

Like I said, if you HAD been on the Pacific Dawn (you are fooling no-one, as you well know I was on that cruise) you would NOT need an answer to these questions. You would have been informed. Simple as that.
as you should as a member of cruise critic be able to answer my Question as we did not go to any chats about this nor did we try to, but as it seems you are unable to answer the question, I do hope some else will be able, so other members may benafit from the answer.

Thank you for your help

Thied

Haha, you've just proven to everyone else you were not on my cruise. :) The information was delivered to EVERY cabin, so you would have received it and not needed to ask about it.

As I said in a previous post (please read it thoroughly) I have lent my full description to a friend who is cruising soon, so am unable, at the moment, to post the exact wording.

When I get the paperwork back I will be very happy to post the description for you, if no-one else has posted it before then.

Haha, you've just proven to everyone else you were not on my cruise. :) The information was delivered to EVERY cabin, so you would have received it and not needed to ask about it.

As I said in a previous post (please read it thoroughly) I have lent my full description to a friend who is cruising soon, so am unable, at the moment, to post the exact wording.

When I get the paperwork back I will be very happy to post the description for you, if no-one else has posted it before then.

that would be vey nice of you to post , but as for reading any thing that comes to the cabin other then reading the cruise paper and the kids club paper the disembarking card and if it not addressed to us we do not read.

1 . as its normaly they are tring to sale something in which in any case it and we are not interested.:(

2. most of the time when you retrun to your cabin the mail box is like home with junk mail 99% of it end up in the bin.

3. as I have asked the Question and you can not answer it. ILL wait till some one can and I thank you for your help once again.:D

Love thied.

thied, this is about the Future Cruise Letter

a future cruise letter is you pay $100 by credit card to the p&o rep and it entitles you to a reduced deposit rates and OBC depending on the length of the cruise and what cabin category you choose, you dont have to book a cruise right away as it last for 4 years and once you pay your deposit you can cancel out before final payment is due, if you book with a TA and they are offering OBC you can get it off them also.....its a good thing as its saving you money

thied, this is about the Future Cruise Letter

a future cruise letter is you pay $100 by credit card to the p&o rep and it entitles you to a reduced deposit rates and OBC depending on the length of the cruise and what cabin category you choose, you dont have to book a cruise right away as it last for 4 years and once you pay your deposit you can cancel out before final payment is due, if you book with a TA and they are offering OBC you can get it off them also.....its a good thing as its saving you money

so if I go to my TA and the deal I have been give is $200 deposit each and $150 OBC each and and the cruise cost is $1000 each, then I tell them I have FCL will I get a better deal by haveing a FCL?

so if I go to my TA and the deal I have been give is $200 deposit each and $150 OBC each and and the cruise cost is $1000 each, then I tell them I have FCL will I get a better deal by haveing a FCL?

thied, you wont get a better deal using the FCL, if your TA is offering OBC and it depends on what category you book you will get extra OBC off p&o also but you can only receive the letter onboard

if you wish you can book onboard and if the price is ok you can still send the booking to your TA and still get the extra OBC but as i have said the letter lasts for 4 years

thied, you wont get a better deal using the FCL, if your TA is offering OBC and it depends on what category you book you will get extra OBC off p&o also but you can only receive the letter onboard
Thank you for your help and thats what I wanted to know, so In my case it would be to no benefit to buy an FCL. As we have allways been givin OBC on every cruise and as for the deposit weather it reduced or not we still have to pay the hole amount for the any way at the end of the day. O well I had to ask thank you and it may a good thing for some people any way.

if they were to give the FCL out for free then we would look at useing one.

most good TA's would give you a choice for eg.

pacific dawn 7 night cruise on deck 5 and in a 4 berth cabin mid ship outside cost lets say $599 each with no obc.

A good TA would then offer you on the same cruise choice to book on deck 8 out side and mid to aft for $ 650 with $100 OBC each.

you get an up grade and you save

In most cases you can shop around and get a way better deal then in the excamples i put up.

Thank you for your help and thats what I wanted to know, so In my case it would be to no benefit to buy an FCL. As we have allways been givin OBC on every cruise and as for the deposit weather it reduced or not we still have to pay the hole amount for the any way at the end of the day. O well I had to ask thank you and it may a good thing for some people any way.

if they were to give the FCL out for free then we would look at useing one.

most good TA's would give you a choice for eg.

pacific dawn 7 night cruise on deck 5 and in a 4 berth cabin mid ship outside cost lets say $599 each with no obc.

A good TA would then offer you on the same cruise choice to book on deck 8 out side and mid to aft for $ 650 with $100 OBC each.

you get an up grade and you save

In most cases you can shop around and get a way better deal then in the excamples i put up.

thied, i think you are missing the point

you have to pay for the letter and thats your deposit but you can cancel out before final payment for any reason and rebook on another cruise, you are allowed one change but you can get the OBC off your TA and p&o.....you are saving money and you get more money to spend

He might be confusing it with the one Princess gives out.

Theirs is free, as you can use it on overseas Princess ships that are priced in US dollars. The exchange rate would then be whatever it is when you make a booking.

P&O charge , as its all in Au dollars , so no exchange rate involved.

2. how does it save you money?

1. what are the benefits?

3 yes we were just on the Pcific dawn.

I am sorry to say I do not believe any passengers (including yourself) boarded the Pacific Dawn in Wellington as you claim. P & O did not sell this cruise in sectors. :)

By the way, we were on this cruise. If you were also it would be very easy to substantiate this by telling us who the guest entertainers were or who the guest lecturers were (or even what topics they spoke on). Please answer and don't just dodge.:)

I appreciate that you enjoy participating in this forum. There is not much point in someone putting up a fictional cruise history out of enthusiasm. :)

Hi, I was on same cruise...and don't know how someone was able to board mid cruise.

unless he was one of the guest entertainers...

A lady I spoke to had her flight delayed or cancelled from Adelaide, and the group were flown to Auckland, put up at hotel until ship arrived from Brisbane. (p&o kindly did the accomodation bit, their airline paid the flight ). that was the only story I heard about joining ship mid cruise.

then an elderly couple I had breakfast with....who live in Auckland...could not join ship there, P &O would not let them they said.....they had to fly to Brisbane and do full cruise...Brisbane-Brisbane.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

As I said previously and as I understand it, (read my lips) WHEN I GET MY INFORMATION BACK, I will post it for you. I cannot make it any clearer than that. Sorry this is so hard for you to understand :(.

* The $100 you pay for the FCL is your full deposit on another cruise.

* You can still book with your preferred TA and add their OBC to the P&O OBC

* If you don't use it in 4 years, you can have it refunded.

It is being foolish if you don't peruse the papers distributed to your door box - you will miss important information. It's very simple to discard the advertising leaflets.

* The $100 you pay for the FCL is your full deposit on another cruise.* You can still book with your preferred TA and add their OBC to the P&O OBC* If you don't use it in 4 years, you can have it refunded.

Just another point Sandi.....

We were told on Princess, and it assume it would be the same with P&O Australia, to sort out the cruise you want first. Shop around for the best price you can get, and when happpy with the deal , then present your TA with the FCL.

They must accept it. Some agents dont like taking them as they are not holding any of your money, or they will try and tell you they need a larger deposit. Just get them to ring the cruise line, and if they still wont accept it ....find a TA that will.

As I said previously and as I understand it, (read my lips) WHEN I GET MY INFORMATION BACK, I will post it for you. I cannot make it any clearer than that. Sorry this is so hard for you to understand :(.

* The $100 you pay for the FCL is your full deposit on another cruise.

* You can still book with your preferred TA and add their OBC to the P&O OBC

* If you don't use it in 4 years, you can have it refunded.

It is being foolish if you don't peruse the papers distributed to your door box - you will miss important information. It's very simple to discard the advertising leaflets.

Sandie, what you and i have said its pretty straight forward anyone who buys a FCL will save money

I think it's pretty simple really. We bought a Future Cruise Letter when we were on Pacific Sun. We knew we wanted to cruise again, so my other half and I put down $100 each. This $100 (each) was our deposit for our next cruise and it also secured us some on board credit (how much OBC depended on how long our next cruise was and what category cabin we chose). We didn't book our next cruise whilst on board the Sun (we had 4 years to choose our next cruise).

Once we arrived home, I shopped around with various online cruising websites for the cruise we decided we wanted to do. I got a quote from one travel agent who beat everyone else's quotes by around $100 each. They also gave us on board credit. I gave them our future cruise number, we booked the tickets at a cheaper price than anywhere else, we didn't need to pay anymore of a deposit (the website normally asks for $200 per person but they were fine with the $100 per person we'd put down on the Sun. They contact P&O with our cruise numbers and organise for the deposit to be transferred), and we got twice as much onboard credit than if we'd booked it any other way.

I'm very happy with the process and we'll be putting down another future cruise deposit when we go on the Pearl later this year. :)

I think it's pretty simple really. We bought a Future Cruise Letter when we were on Pacific Sun. We knew we wanted to cruise again, so my other half and I put down $100 each. This $100 (each) was our deposit for our next cruise and it also secured us some on board credit (how much OBC depended on how long our next cruise was and what category cabin we chose). We didn't book our next cruise whilst on board the Sun (we had 4 years to choose our next cruise).

Once we arrived home, I shopped around with various online cruising websites for the cruise we decided we wanted to do. I got a quote from one travel agent who beat everyone else's quotes by around $100 each. They also gave us on board credit. I gave them our future cruise number, we booked the tickets at a cheaper price than anywhere else, we didn't need to pay anymore of a deposit (the website normally asks for $200 per person but they were fine with the $100 per person we'd put down on the Sun. They contact P&O with our cruise numbers and organise for the deposit to be transferred), and we got twice as much onboard credit than if we'd booked it any other way.

I'm very happy with the process and we'll be putting down another future cruise deposit when we go on the Pearl later this year. :)

Thanks for posting this finetuneit. It's great to hear from someone who has actually used theirs. :)

Just another point Sandi.....

We were told on Princess, and it assume it would be the same with P&O Australia, to sort out the cruise you want first. Shop around for the best price you can get, and when happpy with the deal , then present your TA with the FCL.

They must accept it. Some agents dont like taking them as they are not holding any of your money, or they will try and tell you they need a larger deposit. Just get them to ring the cruise line, and if they still wont accept it ....find a TA that will.

Thanks for adding that info, David. :)

Thanks for posting this finetuneit. It's great to hear from someone who has actually used theirs. :)

Sandie, i have used one also and so easy, we received OBC off the TA & p&o

we quoted the reference number over the phone and the $100 deposit was paid

I think it's pretty simple really. We bought a Future Cruise Letter when we were on Pacific Sun. I'm very happy with the process and we'll be putting down another future cruise deposit when we go on the Pearl later this year. :)

Thats really good news.

I'm am so pleased to hear it all went well and no hitches.

Thats how it should work,

its a win, win situation for all.:):)

They get a customer back and we get an OBC as a repeat cruiser.

If you intend cruising again sometime,

its a winner.

gee you ask one question and you bullied off , but i think ill stick to our ta as we get a better deal then we would paying for fcl just to get a lower deposit.

can any say how much obc they got per person?

gee you ask one question and you bullied off , but i think ill stick to our ta as we get a better deal then we would paying for fcl just to get a lower deposit.

You are still not understanding :D. With the Future Cruise Letter -

1. Pay $100 per person for the FCL.

2. Get the best price you can from any TA or from P & O.

3. The $100 is used as the deposit (rather than $200 as usual). Yes - you have to pay the balance later anyway, so that isn't a great advantage.

4. You get an extra on-board credit in addition to what comes from the TA.

5. You can change your booking to another cruise with penalty (once).

6. The FCL can be used within the next four years. If you don't use it you can ask for a refund of the $100 per person that P & O is holding.

The main advantage is the extra on-board credit that ranges from $30 to $250 depending on the length of the cruise. As you always book a suite :D you would get the higher on-board credit.

gee you ask one question and you bullied off , but i think ill stick to our TA as we get a better deal then we would paying for fcl just to get a lower deposit.

Get real thied.

I am so over your winging.

You describe yourself, on your CC Profile as

Occupation

CEO and home dad

Well, surely a CEO of a Company can recognize a good deal when he sees one.

The deal offerred is over and above what your TA offers.

Its actually a gift from the Cruise Line in recognition of your past cruises.

The only problem is ...

You have to be on a cruise to get it.

We all get it.....when we cruise,

Wonder why you can't?

Archived