Drink Card

JudyOh

I believe it was $22.95 on the Grand in December (7 night). But I've read that it's gone up on some of the ships. I think it's now about $25. It's still about the cheapest in the industry, if not *the* cheapest.

LES!

It depends on the length of the cruise... the above costs are for a 7-day cruise. You can get the soda card without the cup and save about $2.50/sticker. The first time I got the sticker I got the cup and then had to wash it out every time I used it. Yuck! I don't get the cup any more.

$22.50 for a Coke sticker on the Diamond last week for a seven day cruise. But why would anyone want a Coke sticker unless you drink over three Cokes each and every day? Why? Because you can buy a Coke in a plastic cup for $1.15 or a can for $1.73. BTW: I you buy by-the-drink make sure the server knows you want the plastic cup otherwise they'll assume you want to pay more for a can.

If you buy a drink card can you order cans of soda? I much prefer soda from a can than a machine. Thanks in advance.

Laura

When we purchased our soda card, we were told it was for fountain drinks and not cans. Unfortunately, the Cokes from the fountain were real weak and it turned out to be a bad deal for us. We tried every bar that served fountain drinks in search of a good Coke and did not find one. I am a die-hard Coke fan and don't like watered down Cokes. I wound up not using the soda card and bought can Cokes. Just my experience, others may have had better Cokes.

No, the soda card is only good for fountain drinks, not cans. As Italy mentioned, some folks don't like fountain drinks. I bought a soda card the first few cruises and found it only encouraged me to drink more soda since I'd already bought the card. On my last cruise I skipped the soda card and would often walk thru the Horizon Court and pick up an icewater with a slice of lemon, or just grab a bottle of water from our fridge to carry around with me. The "free" soda is sort of a bad habit for me. When I wanted one, I bought a can, and I'm sure I spent less money in the long run.

Archived