Bon Voyage Booking Problem

PSCruiser

Anyone have this problem? - I booked a BVE for my SIL on the Emerald in April. She needs to fill out the Cruise Personalizer just like a cruiser, and print out a boarding pass. However, she doesn't have a passport, just a driver's licence (allowed for BVE). The Cruise Personalizer isn't set up for this, so I needed to call Princess customer service. They said, not to worry, just show up at the pier with Booking Confirmation and her photo ID.

Of course, I'm worried that I'll get to the pier and get a hassle because of no Boarding Pass, and they'll claim that is not the policy. Anybody do a BVE and have your guest board with Booking Confirmation only, especially in Fort Lauderdale?

When I signed up for the BVE two weeks ago, the cruise personalizer had two options, passport or driver’s license. Being a past passenger, my passport information was already there, so I went with that, but the driver’s license option was there.

The BVE is booked by a separate group, not by the customer service reps at the regular call center. The BVE group must be accessed through the call center. Hopefully, you booked through and talked to the correct group. I was able to access the cruise personalizer with the driver’s license option immediately.

In Los Angeles (San Pedro), there is a special check-in desk inside the terminal for BVE guests, but you need a boarding pass to get into the building. I suggest that your SIL check her cruise personalizer again and look for the driver’s license option. It is on the same page as the passport. If it is still not there, call customer service and ask for the BVE group. The people there were very knowledgeable, the regular customer service reps, not so much

Jim

Thanks Jim,

The problem is that now the Cruise Personalizer, first box, shows "-select one-" , however the only listing is "passbook book". When I try to just use that, the drivers licence number is invalid because it is too long.

When I completed the cruise personalizer, the “select one” box did result in a drop down with both choices. Since I did the BVE last Saturday, I can no long access my cruise personalizer to help walk you through it, so I still suggest you call Princess again as I suggested above and get this fixed. I talked to Michelle and she is very knowledgeable.

Good luck.

Jim

Anyone have this problem? - I booked a BVE for my SIL on the Emerald in April. She needs to fill out the Cruise Personalizer just like a cruiser, and print out a boarding pass. However, she doesn't have a passport, just a driver's licence (allowed for BVE). The Cruise Personalizer isn't set up for this, so I needed to call Princess customer service. They said, not to worry, just show up at the pier with Booking Confirmation and her photo ID.

Of course, I'm worried that I'll get to the pier and get a hassle because of no Boarding Pass, and they'll claim that is not the policy. Anybody do a BVE and have your guest board with Booking Confirmation only, especially in Fort Lauderdale?

Just put in some numbers, 'til it works.

My friend forgot her passport when we did the Bon voyage program and her drivers license was accepted with no problem

Yes, her driver’s license was accepted because she completed the immigration section of the cruise personalizer using her passport information which enabled her to print out her boarding pass. With the boarding pass, she could use either her passport or driver’s license for identification.

The OP’s SIL has a problem because she has no passport and her immigration page had no provision for a driver’s license, so she is unable to print out a boarding pass. In addition, the immigration information must be submitted to the proper authorities several days in advance, as if she were a regular passenger and if this is not done, she will be denied boarding. Based on the way it was explained to me when I signed up, she cannot just show up with a booking confirmation and photo ID.

Jim

Yes, her driver’s license was accepted because she completed the immigration section of the cruise personalizer using her passport information which enabled her to print out her boarding pass. With the boarding pass, she could use either her passport or driver’s license for identification.

The OP’s SIL has a problem because she has no passport and her immigration page had no provision for a driver’s license, so she is unable to print out a boarding pass. In addition, the immigration information must be submitted to the proper authorities several days in advance, as if she were a regular passenger and if this is not done, she will be denied boarding. Based on the way it was explained to me when I signed up, she cannot just show up with a booking confirmation and photo ID.

Jim

Jim, Exactly the problem I'm concerned about. Since I have 40 days, thought I'd wait a few and try again and then call. Please post to let me know if you ever get the cruise pers. to show anything except passport selection.

Larry, thought about your idea, but won't submitting false passport numbers to print a boarding pass start problems with Immigration people??

Since I have 40 days, thought I'd wait a few and try again and then call. Please post to let me know if you ever get the cruise pers. to show anything except passport selection.

I assume that your SIL is the one having the problem with the cruise personalizer. Ask her to try one more time and if the driver’s license option still does not come up, then try doing it for her. For some reason, the problem may have something to do with her computer.

Go to your “My Princess” page and on the left side, there is a section for cruise personalizer. Even though you have a cruise personalizer for your upcoming cruise, click on “Don’t see your booking here?” and a new box will come up. In the first paragraph, click on the blue "Cruise Personalizer” link and an “Access Cruise Personalizer” box will come up. Put in her name exactly as it is on her cruise confirmation , her date of birth and her booking number and click on “Sign In”. That will open her cruise personalizer.

From this point, I am going from memory, so I may be off, but near the middle, there will be an item for immigration which will indicate that it is incomplete. Click on immigration and her immigration page will come up. On that page, there should be the option of entering either her passport number or driver’s license number. If the driver’s license option is there, put in her DL number.

In order to print out her boarding pass, you or she will have to accept the conditions of passage and provide credit card information.

If this does not work, please call Princess immediately and ask for the Bon Voyage Experience office. They should be able to help you. Do not deal with regular customer service.

Good Luck.

Jim

Hey, thanks for all the help Jim.

Leaving for 2 days, but then I'll try it again - I'm the one actually doing it, so I've seen how it has worked in the past, it seems that someone in the IT dept messed with the form.

I'll post later with my results.

Bill

Jim, Exactly the problem I'm concerned about. Since I have 40 days, thought I'd wait a few and try again and then call. Please post to let me know if you ever get the cruise pers. to show anything except passport selection.

Larry, thought about your idea, but won't submitting false passport numbers to print a boarding pass start problems with Immigration people??

You'll be going to the Princess desk before immigation. You can make changes with Princess there.

won't submitting false passport numbers to print a boarding pass start problems with Immigration people??

You'll be going to the Princess desk before immigation. You can make changes with Princess there.

Before you even get to the port, Princess may have submitted the personalizer information to TSA which checks every passenger to see if anyone should be denied boarding. I would not take a chance with a fake passport number.

Our DD and DS are doing the BVE before our April Mex Riv on the Sapphire. DS has misplaced his passport :mad: When he signed on to Cruise Personalizer there were multiple options including passport, birth certificate and other options. The only option for driver's license was for the EDL driver's license which California does not issue as of yet. DD selected the birth certificate option and is good to go.

Archived