Do I switch rooms???

anjanetted

I am on the Victory. My original room number was 6245 which was on the upper deck. I have been offered a free upgrade to 8287 on the Veranda, or I could have chosen a room on the Lido deck. Just confused as to what to do. I think the room is exactly the same. I asked about my room, 6245, before and was told that is was above the show lounge and was a bit loud. But, my family stay up pretty late anyway so the show would probably be over by the time we went to bed. If I was in 6245 wouldn't I get to get off the ship sooner at docking also? Just trying to make the best decision. Why are rooms higher up more expensive???

Please Help

I would take the Lido deck as the most convenient.

why would being on deck 6 get you off the ship any faster?? I cant follow that.

at ports, its whomever gets in line first.

at the end of the cruise, its luck which numbers get called first. sorry no help with that logic why deck 6 would be helpful

It wouldn't make that much difference in getting off at port.

We just got off Sunday and the Victory had a bit more motion than I have experianced before on the Glory and on Mariner OTS. They say lower is better for that. Most of the rooms are identical, inside vs inside, balcony vs. balcony. You want to look at floor plans and see what is above and below your prospective room.

I would not choose a cabin over the lounge. If you don't think that's going to be an issue...stay put. But you say it's a free upgrade, so why not take it? I wouldn't want to be under Lido though unless cabins were above me.

Cabin locations do not dictate how soon you get off the ship in port.

Cabins higher are considered "better" locations. Just like in a hotel, generally the higher the room, the more expensive it is. That's why most suites in hotels are usually on the highest floor. Like any other piece of real estate, it's location, location, location.

i have a balcony room on the 7th deck on the Liberty coming up. Now til thursday is free upgrades to the Lido. Was going to do it, but i like being close to the water on the balcony so i turned it down. just my preference

Thanks everyone. For motion purposes I switched to Veranda. Not all way up but closer since it was "free". Also we were traveling with another family and they put us side by side so that was nice.

About getting off boat--- I wasn't really thinking. Just remembering how I waited in line to get off on stairs and figured we would be closer to bottom but we can just try and leave earlier. Also, it was never a long wait anyway.

Thanks

Archived