RCI Sponsored Excursions--Snorkle with the Sea Turtles

April-in-NC

I really want to swim/snorkle with the sea turtles when we are in Barbados this summer. To keep prices down I want to use my OBC for one excursion and I thought this might be a good place to do it.

I'm reading bad reviews about Tiami (overcrowded boats) so I'm wondering if anyone knows which company RCI has on their "speedboat" version of the excursion?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=?ProductCode=BB38&DestinationCode=CARIB&sourcePage=shorexByTypePortDest&ActivityTypeId=6

Maybe I should switch to a ship sponsored excursion in another port and go private here. My friend gets sea sick and I don't think being stuffed like sardines in a can would help the situation. :eek:

We are doing the half day excursion with Shasa Tours next week. I will let you know how it was when we get back. I had researched and it was reasonable, $60 pp for the half day. Pickup and return to ship, swim with turtles, then to a shipwreck and then back to the ship.

We are doing the half day excursion with Shasa Tours next week. I will let you know how it was when we get back. I had researched and it was reasonable, $60 pp for the half day. Pickup and return to ship, swim with turtles, then to a shipwreck and then back to the ship. If I forget to let you know, you can e mail me at Traveler723@aol.com

I really want to swim/snorkle with the sea turtles when we are in Barbados this summer. To keep prices down I want to use my OBC for one excursion and I thought this might be a good place to do it.

I'm reading bad reviews about Tiami (overcrowded boats) so I'm wondering if anyone knows which company RCI has on their "speedboat" version of the excursion?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=?ProductCode=BB38&DestinationCode=CARIB&sourcePage=shorexByTypePortDest&ActivityTypeId=6

Maybe I should switch to a ship sponsored excursion in another port and go private here. My friend gets sea sick and I don't think being stuffed like sardines in a can would help the situation. :eek:

Silver Moon is your best bet. They pick up at the cruise terminal. Thriller is well liked too, but a high speed boat wouldn't be a good choice for someone who is subject to sea sickness.

http://silvermoonbarbados.com/

http://www.caribzones.com/thrilleradventure.html

Here's Shasa:

http://www.shasacatamarancruises.com/

I really want to swim/snorkle with the sea turtles when we are in Barbados this summer.

To keep prices down I want to use my OBC for one excursion and I thought this might be a good place to do it.

I'm reading bad reviews about Tiami (overcrowded boats)

so I'm wondering if anyone knows which company RCI has on their "speedboat" version of the excursion?

Maybe I should switch to a ship sponsored excursion in another port and go private here.

My friend gets sea sick and I don't think being stuffed like sardines in a can would help the situation. :eek:

1. Tiami is a sailboat = catamaran

so if RCI advertises a speed boat, you won't be on the crowded Tiami cat. ;)

2. Half-day tours rock. :)

1. Tiami is a sailboat = catamaran

so if RCI advertises a speed boat, you won't be on the crowded Tiami cat. ;)

2. Half-day tours rock. :)

I know we won't be on a catamaran on the speedboat. :) I'm just wondering if the speedboat will be just as crowded. LOL Do you happen to know how big the boat is or how many people the boat will hold?

Silver Moon is your best bet. They pick up at the cruise terminal. Thriller is well liked too, but a high speed boat wouldn't be a good choice for someone who is subject to sea sickness.

I'll check out those links... My friend can get sea sick on any smallish boat (she is usually good on cruise ships unless it gets really rough) but the faster the boat is the better she feels. It is the up and down bobbing that really gets to her.

Just booked with Shasa!!!! :D Much fewer passengers, much better reviews on the boards. I'm so glad they had room for us, I was worried I waited too long!

We are moving our ship sponsored tour to either kayaking in Antigua or snuba in St. Martin. Wish us luck! LOL

• 3 weeks later...
We are doing the half day excursion with Shasa Tours next week. I will let you know how it was when we get back. I had researched and it was reasonable, $60 pp for the half day. Pickup and return to ship, swim with turtles, then to a shipwreck and then back to the ship. If I forget to let you know, you can e mail me at Traveler723@aol.com

Marysunshine; wanted to know what you thought about this excursion, going on Serenade April 23 and thinking of booking this? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

im going to be on Carnival Victory next month and i don't want to do cruise ship tours, they all sound oversold and crowded.

Can anyone recommend someone to go snorkeling with in Barbados. We would consider a catamaran or a regular boat, just not a double decker or triple decker boat with disco dancing and a priate party type atmosphere. Not our cup-o-tea.

We just want something away from the crowds, where we can enjoy being on a boat and enjoy the snorkel.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just in Barbados on April 5 with RCL Adv of the Seas. We went with Shasa. EXCELLENT!! Jason, the owner is a great guy. We had 11 on the catamarin the day we went out. We went for a 5 hour trip with the lunch included. I've snorkeled in Belize, Caymans, & Turks and this was an amazing, enjoyable day. Turtles, a ship wreck, a reef, plus lunch, great excursion.

Archived