Sheraton Nassau Day Passes

ilovesummerpkh

I called the Sheraton phone number that is on their web site and got a direct number to the hotel in Nassau. The day room is their regular room that you would stay in overnight. Just tell them you want to book a day room.

I think we will be doing this on our cruise in July.

I just called the hotel and asked if we had to pre-purchase for 4 for a day pass.

They told me I can just come in and get the passes.

Since this is something I very much like to do, can anyone please confirm I can just show up and not get turned away. Has anyone been turned away?

Is the food very expensive? We are a family of 4, ds-13, dd-17. If food is pricy, I wonder if the best option would be day room with food?

Thank you all for your help and thank you OP for your e-mail/thread.

I went 4 days prior to Easter and was worried about getting turned away as it was high season. I emailed to the address posted above. They send the same pre-printed info as above. I got a response the next day. In my email, I had indicated the day a was coming--I printed and took the email with me, just in case. There was no need. The front desk staff is very nice and the day passes are no problem. Very few people get day passes. It included snorkel gear and kayaks--my 14 yr old LOVED the kayaks. Food is not included, but you can purchase. It is a beautiful property--more like a Westin. We have gone 2X in 2 years on cruises to the Sheraton. Elaine (I do not think that the day room includes food).

I went 4 days prior to Easter and was worried about getting turned away as it was high season. I emailed to the address posted above. They send the same pre-printed info as above. I got a response the next day. In my email, I had indicated the day a was coming--I printed and took the email with me, just in case. There was no need. The front desk staff is very nice and the day passes are no problem. Very few people get day passes. It included snorkel gear and kayaks--my 14 yr old LOVED the kayaks. Food is not included, but you can purchase. It is a beautiful property--more like a Westin. We have gone 2X in 2 years on cruises to the Sheraton. Elaine (I do not think that the day room includes food).

Thank you very much! I think I will e-mail them and go.

I appreciate your letting me know.

Thank you.

We were at the Sheraton just a few days before Easter. We were concerned about getting in because our ship didn't even dock until noon. We arrived to the Sheraton about 1:30pm and had no problems getting in. Now about the food: We did find food to be VERY expensive. There were four of us and we spent almost $80 on lunch. We had burgers and fries for $13.00 each and sodas were $3.00 each. We probably could have split the meals b/w two, because the burgers were large. I wished we had eaten an early lunch before getting off the ship! By the way, we were charged the adult rate for our 16 year old daugther, not the youth rate. So...it turned out to be an expensive afternoon. That said, it is a beautiful resort and the pool area is also beautiful (though all the chairs were taken at the pool, they were plentiful on the beach).

We just came back from our cruise. We LOVED the Sheraton. We got the day pass. It would have been $50 just to be there. So, for $25 more each, we got a room to shower in and to put our stuff...

The room was really nice.

The beach was AWESOME.

The pool was nice, too.

We took a #10 jitney there. It was SO easy. For lunch, we caught the jitney back to town. BFF wanted to window shop. So, after that, we headed to Senor Frog's for a couple of yard drinks and a to-go order of food to take back to the hotel.

I loved this hotel and beach.

We were at the Sheraton just a few days before Easter. We were concerned about getting in because our ship didn't even dock until noon. We arrived to the Sheraton about 1:30pm and had no problems getting in. Now about the food: We did find food to be VERY expensive. There were four of us and we spent almost $80 on lunch. We had burgers and fries for $13.00 each and sodas were $3.00 each. We probably could have split the meals b/w two, because the burgers were large. I wished we had eaten an early lunch before getting off the ship! By the way, we were charged the adult rate for our 16 year old daugther, not the youth rate. So...it turned out to be an expensive afternoon. That said, it is a beautiful resort and the pool area is also beautiful (though all the chairs were taken at the pool, they were plentiful on the beach).

Thank you. We are a family of 4. dd-17 and ds-13. Why did you have to pay the adult rate for your dd? I thought my 17 was a "child" too according to the site/e-mail.

My dd looks 18-19 but she is 17. My dh would tell me to let it go but I would be annoyed at this. It does look nice.

We just came back from our cruise. We LOVED the Sheraton. We got the day pass. It would have been $50 just to be there. So, for $25 more each, we got a room to shower in and to put our stuff...

The room was really nice.

The beach was AWESOME.

The pool was nice, too.

We took a #10 jitney there. It was SO easy. For lunch, we caught the jitney back to town. BFF wanted to window shop. So, after that, we headed to Senor Frog's for a couple of yard drinks and a to-go order of food to take back to the hotel.

I loved this hotel and beach.

Oh, can you tell me more about the bus? This may be something we will do since we have time. Did you need exact change, how much, where did you find bus, how did you know where to get it, etc?

Hi, we are going to be in Nassau the very first week of August. The DH and I will be traveling with our 16yr DS and his 17yr BFF. Could someone that's been there please answer a few questions for us? pretty Please!

Are there jet skis and parasailing available at the Sheraton beach?

Is there good snorkling there?

Do they have one of those banana boats?

Are there places on the beach to get out of the sun? Umbrella & chair rentals?

If we get the day room, does it have a fridge in it?

Thank you to anyone for responses!:D

Oh, can you tell me more about the bus? This may be something we will do since we have time. Did you need exact change, how much, where did you find bus, how did you know where to get it, etc?

It is the #10 jitney. They are like minivans, really. You can catch one from the corner of Bay Street and George St., I think. I know it is close to the straw market and senor frog's. We rode back and forth to get the room, go shopping and eat, back to swim, then back to the boat.

$1.25 pp per way. We ended up not having correct change and most drivers did not give change. So, it was pretty much $2 per ride for us. STILL WAY cheaper than the taxis for just a few blocks walk to get there.

You basically go out of the port, walk to the pink house on Bay street, then walk down bay street to the stop. Just ask for directions if you need the exact spot, as it isn't exactly marked well.

Easy to get to. Easy to catch one.

Just ask where the number 10 is once you get to bay street.

We are traveling in October and I really want to go to the Sheraton for the day. DH and I are going with DM who is disabled. She will have both her motorized scooter and manual wheelchair. I was thinking if we used her manual wheelchair, I can push her down to the Jitney and go to the Sheraton. So here are my questions:

I've read that the Jitney can be a mini-van type vehicle. Is this accurate, and will they store the wheelchair?

Is the Sheraton handicapped accessible? I know that outside the USA, ADA laws don't necessarily have to be abided by.

And finally, does the Sheraton have a zero-entry pool? I figure I can roll mom in far enough, and then just tip her over (a long time wish! :o).

Thanks!

Ruthie, that is the funniest thing.... according to the description of the Sheraton Nassau on http://www.oyster.com there is a zero-entry pool. We will be going in 4 wks and will also be taking the jitney, so I will be sure to ask about wheelchairs. Maybe someone who has already been will come along and answer but if not, I will report back after our June trip.

Sorry if this has already been clarified, but i couldn't find it! My family (myself, my wife and 2 daughters, 12 & 5) is cruising in August an we're going to spend the afternoon in Nassau at the Sheraton, and I'm trying to decide if we should get a room or just the pass - I know that it would cost us $75 total for the passes, but the room says $99 for 2 people plus $18 for each additional person - does this include kids? If it is only $99, it would be a no brainer for me to spend the extra $24, but if it is going to be $135, I'll really have to think about it. Since the restaurant there is kind of expensive, I think we'll try to eat lunch on the ship and then I'll plan on the steakhouse for that night so we don't have to be back on the ship by 6... Anyway, if anyone can answer this, I'd appreciate it - thanks!

Sorry if this has already been clarified, but i couldn't find it! My family (myself, my wife and 2 daughters, 12 & 5) is cruising in August an we're going to spend the afternoon in Nassau at the Sheraton, and I'm trying to decide if we should get a room or just the pass - I know that it would cost us $75 total for the passes, but the room says $99 for 2 people plus $18 for each additional person - does this include kids? If it is only $99, it would be a no brainer for me to spend the extra $24, but if it is going to be $135, I'll really have to think about it. Since the restaurant there is kind of expensive, I think we'll try to eat lunch on the ship and then I'll plan on the steakhouse for that night so we don't have to be back on the ship by 6... Anyway, if anyone can answer this, I'd appreciate it - thanks!

The room rate is for 2 adults. You would pay the extra fee for ea. add'l person. Even children.

Unless you need the room for naps/clean up etc.. it's probably not worth the extra $$.

Thought folks may be interested in the e-mail I just received today re;Sheraton Day passes. Their response is first followed by my inquiry. Hope this helps answer some questions. It took several days to get a response.

Hello,

Thank you for inquiring about our Day Use room; at the Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort

Day Passes rate as follows:

· DAY PASS withoutroom is $25.00 per adult; $12.50 per child under 18 years

· ROOM ONLY Day Use rate is $99.00 for 2 adults. Each additional person is $18.00

· DAYLUNCH with Room is $145.00 which includes Lunch for 2 adults.

The beach and pool experience will cover cost for towels, chairs, umbrellas and NON-MOTORIZED water sports, equipment only

Day use rate includes Taxes and Gratuities .Day use rooms are available between 7 a.m. to 7 pm, based on availability

Day use rooms can be booked in advance, or the day of arrival. A credit will be required at time of booking, to guarantee the reservation

Taxis are available for you at the Ship Pier

The Hotel is about 12 minutes away from the Ship Port

We would love to have you come, and experience our Beautiful Resort

Warm regards

Gloria A. Mitchell

Reservations Agent

t — 242.327.6000 x 860190 f — 242.327.5968

SHERATON NASSAU BEACH RESORT

West Bay St, Nassau Bahamas, N-4914

sheraton.com/Nassau

download?mid=1%5f110495%5fAEcWw0MAAML%2fTX5YDQc0c1D6HUQ&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1download?mid=1%5f110495%5fAEcWw0MAAML%2fTX5YDQc0c1D6HUQ&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Hello,

I will be in Nassau on April 5, 2011 and would like to know if day beach passes will be available. I will need to purchase four of them. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Pamela

This is interesting, because I just called the Sheraton and they told me that ages 12 and up are $25each for the day pass. They also said that the $25 day pass does not include non-motorized sports. Only the day room passes include the non-motorized sports. Any beach activities would be extra unless you book a day room. Has anyone gone to the Sheraton recently and which day pass did you purchase?

How likely would it be to find a spot in the shade at the Sheraton (umbrella type thing) if we go late August?

DH is not a beach kind of guy, but will go if he could find a spot out of the sun and read his book.

I'm thinking we will be fine. However, if he doesnt find a spot in the shade I may never hear the end of it. I think if worse comes to worse he could pull a chair under the waterfall thing at the pool?

Thanks,

Maggie

Thanks for all the info, especially meal prices so we can plan accordingly. Some of our roll call will be doing the Sheritan, and we are splitting the price of the cab, but the jitney sounds more financially pleasing. Thanks!:)

The room rate is for 2 adults. You would pay the extra fee for ea. add'l person. Even children.

Unless you need the room for naps/clean up etc.. it's probably not worth the extra $$.

Thanks - after discussing with my wife, she wants the room anyway! But thank you anyway, at least I know exactly what I am in for!

• 1 month later...

It is amazing how inconsistent they seem to be. Some people said they spent 25/pp, others 50pp. We are traveling with 5-DD (15), DD(8) and DD(4), plus me and DH. We are getting a suite because DH is clasterphobic AND we have 5 people so it has to be the GRANDE suite:).

So..I'm trying to budget excursions. Do they really make this stuff up as they go? Is this the best hotel for a wide variety of ages, or are there other hotels that are family and budget friendly??

TIA for youradvise! This is our first cruise ever!

It is amazing how inconsistent they seem to be. Some people said they spent 25/pp, others 50pp. We are traveling with 5-DD (15), DD(8) and DD(4), plus me and DH. We are getting a suite because DH is clasterphobic AND we have 5 people so it has to be the GRANDE suite:).

So..I'm trying to budget excursions. Do they really make this stuff up as they go? Is this the best hotel for a wide variety of ages, or are there other hotels that are family and budget friendly??

TIA for youradvise! This is our first cruise ever!

Your best bet is probably the Sheraton. It's $25 pp. No food or drink included. But there are water toys, snorkeling gear, 3 pools, bar and grill, swim up bar, restrooms, towels, chaise, umbrellas, palapas and most importantly lifeguards.

The inconsistency comes from changes in season.

Your best bet is probably the Sheraton. It's $25 pp. No food or drink included. But there are water toys, snorkeling gear, 3 pools, bar and grill, swim up bar, restrooms, towels, chaise, umbrellas, palapas and most importantly lifeguards.

The inconsistency comes from changes in season.

I agree completely! We were there last week. It was $25 dollars per person, we got a pink wrist band. We traveled with DS18, DD 15 and their best friends, 19 and 16 and everyone had a great time! I would definitely go there again!

• 1 month later...

Do you happen to know if there is a website for the bus route? Is this a safe form of transportation?

Just go to the front desk and get same day passes.. They are $25 pp/ $12.50 for kids.

The #10 jitney from downtown costs only $1.25 pp and runs every few minutes from downtown to cable beach. Just tell the driver where you want to get off.. and pay as you leave.

Most drivers do not give change, so have the exact fare.

Getting a day room allows use for a maximum of only 4 ppl..

Do you happen to know if there is a website for the bus route? Is this a safe form of transportation?

Sorry, there's not website for the bus route.. Jitney's (small 20+ person bus are independently owned and operated...

The #10, which is the one you want to use, runs daily from 6am - 6:30 pm.

They leave from downtown on George Street every 5 - 7 minutes throughout the day. Same coming back to port.

The #10 goes from downtown nassau to Cable Beach and back again. Not the #10a.. which goes more inland and takes longer.

Just board, tell the driver where you want to get off, and pay $1.25 pp as you leave (driver doesn't give change).

Very safe form of transportation.

We're leaving on our first cruise this Saturday (8/27/11). Going on Norweigan to Florida and Bahamas. I'm completely stressed out trying to plan for our port days. The cost for the excursions the cruise offers is just not cost effective for us.

(Side note: I booked this vacay and had to pay for everything within 3 months. We're a family of 5)

Which makes this information pricesless. The idea of buying a day pass for a resort NEVER crossed my mind. Thank you again. (I'm very excited!!)

Archived