Newark Airport Marriott

stones902

We're sailing on the Explorer our of Bayonne, NJ and just booked the Newark Airport Marriott for 1 night the evening before. I realize it is an airport hotel but would like some feedback from anyone who has stayed on the property.

The Newark Airport Marriott (the one in the middle of the airport - not the Courtyard or other Marriott brand hotel) is one of the highest rated hotels at the airport. It is usually one of the most expensive hotels as well, but it is a full service hotel. What are you paying for it? You really can't do any better if you're staying at the airport.

The Newark Airport Marriott (the one in the middle of the airport - not the Courtyard or other Marriott brand hotel) is one of the highest rated hotels at the airport. It is usually one of the most expensive hotels as well, but it is a full service hotel. What are you paying for it? You really can't do any better if you're staying at the airport.

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is the one in the middle of the airport and we were able to use Marriott points to get it for free. It was ranked #1 on Trip..visor so I am pretty confident that is at least decent. Had we booked it outright it might have been about $130 per room.

I guess my question is what can we expect to pay for our taxi to and from Port Liberty in Bayonne? Also are we pretty much restricted to the hotel for restaurant choices?

You should consider booking a car service to the port - about $50-$55 + tip. Look at Black Executive Cars. I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn and arranged a shuttle through Independent Driver - 888-816-0973 Ext. 0 - it was very reasonable and they showed up 10 minutes early. Our group was very satisfied, but the operation is low key - no internet confirmations, etc. etc. But real hustlers trying to make a buck.

You're pretty much restricted to the hotel for eating unless you take a cab to one of the restaurants in the Ironbound section of Newark.

You should consider booking a car service to the port - about $50-$55 + tip. Look at Black Executive Cars. I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn and arranged a shuttle through Independent Driver - 888-816-0973 Ext. 0 - it was very reasonable and they showed up 10 minutes early. Our group was very satisfied, but the operation is low key - no internet confirmations, etc. etc. But real hustlers trying to make a buck.

You're pretty much restricted to the hotel for eating unless you take a cab to one of the restaurants in the Ironbound section of Newark.

Thank you for that info. That is helpful!

We've never stayed there pre-cruise, in that we are from the NYC area. However, we did stay there for the two days before our honeymoon & loved the service. Our out of town guests stayed there as well and loved it too. They said it was easy to get into the city, they either took the shuttle bus to the airport and then the bus to take them to the port authority.

Archived