Newark Airport to Manhattan Port

barb-ottawa

I posted a few days ago, but darned if it can find it, so sorry for repeating my questions. Hubby and I are flying into Newark for a cruise on the NCL Jewel on April 10th. I understand it leaves from the Manhattan port. We are not prepared to take buses, trains or the like, but would prefer to take a cab from the airport to the port. Approx how much would it cost to make that trip and do I just jump in a cab outside the terminal? Since it is a Sunday, can I assume that traffic won't be that bad and we should be able to make the trip in less than an hour? Thanks.

Yes, you can take a taxi from the airport. The cost would likely be in the $65-75 range plus tolls and tip. You might want to book a car service such as Dial 7, 212-777-7777 instead of taking a taxi as you'll get an advance firm price quote and not have to wait on a line to get a taxi.

My only concern is that by flying in on Sunday afternoon you're not leaving any margin for error...flight cancellation, flight delay, baggage unloading delay, traffic jam...any of these could cause you to miss your cruise. You must be at the pier no later than 90 minutes prior to your scheduled cruise departure...2:30 pm for a 4 pm sailing...but I suppose you know all that without my telling you!

Archived