No more lounge chairs on balcony??

they have apparently relented. I was in an aft - 1400 on Liberty - two weeks ago, and we had two loungers, a chair and a table. Every balcony that I could see appeared to have loungers as well

They allowed them on our April/May 2012 when we changed to-- #1700 [it is more encased in steel as it is a corner] on our B2B but not the other aft cabins-- none on anything lower than JS aft balconies.

They were Very strongly opposed to that when we asked them. If they have changed their mind I would be surprised!!

• 1 month later...

OK...following this thread with interest. We will be in a D1 aft cabin on Splendor next spring after she comes out of dry-dock. Will a lounger even fit on this balcony? Not sure if the square footage given for the balcony is part of the total given or broken out separately. Maybe the balcony club has a tiered structure:D. How are the chairs with the foot rests?

Also, we are traveling with family members and have adjoining rooms....will the balconies be open to each as well? Maybe someone recently on Rhapsody or other Vision class can help.

All thoughts are appreciated!

We had a D2 (8672) in May on Serenade and we had two loungers, two chairs and a small table.

As far as I know, all neighbouring cabins had the same.

In October last year we had D2 (9660) on Radiance and it had the same balcony furniture.

Anne

Two years ago that worked for us on the Oasis (thanks to CC) however,

in November on the Allure we were denied. They even had the head steward come to our stateroom to tell us we couldn't have one even after

I let him know we were allowed to on the Oasis.

Do any recent Oasis cruises know if it is still possible to get loungers on Oasis???

I've followed this thread as well and found it to be kind of random if there is a lounge chair or not so....my question....

We have moved from a JS midship on deck 9 to an AFT JS on 10 (1394) does anyone know if there are lounge chairs on the Adventure AFT JS?

I'm really hoping someone will say yes! :o

Thanks!

;)

Well, Crap.

We've booked an aft on Independance for the sole purpose of getting loungers! Otherwise, we would be booking hump cabins.

I've read the recent posts, and to me, it appears to only be a problem on the Liberty - not any other ship.

Can anyone confirm that they have been denied loungers on any other ship?

Well, Crap.

We've booked an aft on Independance for the sole purpose of getting loungers! Otherwise, we would be booking hump cabins.

I've read the recent posts, and to me, it appears to only be a problem on the Liberty - not any other ship.

Can anyone confirm that they have been denied loungers on any other ship?

Sure hoping it is just Liberty, we have IOS booked, Aft cabins for 2 cruises!:eek:

Definitely were not allowed on Liberty unless JS or the D1 #1600 & 1400 cabins.

• 3 weeks later...
We are in 7708 on the Liberty in August, and hoping that there are loungers. It does seem that 1400 and 1700 on Deck 10 on Liberty have from what people are reporting but I saw a recent YouTube video of 7408 on the other side of deck 7 from us and it didn't have any loungers. I might just have to pack one of those portable hammocks!

Spice star, hope you see this.

I am looking to chg cabins for November on the liberty. Have midship now, but may change to aft deck six.

Can you come back and tell us if you had loungers in 7708???

Sure hope you see this, wish cruise critic had instant message

We, too, were denied lounge chairs on our D1 hump balcony on our Feb. 2011 Allure cruise :( (and had the concierge visit to confirm that it was not within our cabin steward's ability to get us one, due to "safety regulations'). Not quite sure of the added danger from a lounger vs. a standard chair. Very disappointing, but crossing my fingers that we'll be able to score one for our Feb. 2013 Oasis cruise (with 2 connecting balconies).

Spice star, hope you see this.

I am looking to chg cabins for November on the liberty. Have midship now, but may change to aft deck six.

Can you come back and tell us if you had loungers in 7708???

Sure hope you see this, wish cruise critic had instant message

Spicestar posted a review of their cruise. On it, they say this:

Tada.. the mother of all balconies. Loved, loved,loved it!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...98245023_n.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...56739073_n.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...44640585_n.jpg

Oh yes, there have been many discussions on threads about the inability to get loungers for the aft balconies on the Liberty. Since so many people had been turned down, I was little hesitant to even ask or stateroom attendant if we could have some.

Our stateroom attendant was delightful. He was so polite and friendly and always addressed us by our names whoever he saw us. He asked if there was anything we needed and we asked for ice each day and I mentioned that I was sure if it was possible, but could we have two loungers for the balcony and he said he would see what he could do.

Off in search of lunch. We ended up at Sorrento’s which was nice and quiet and we had some salads and pizza. We had a bit of time before the muster drill so we popped back up to the room and low and behold our luggage had been delivered AND we had two loungers on our balcony. All was good with the world!

We, too, were denied lounge chairs on our D1 hump balcony on our Feb. 2011 Allure cruise :( (and had the concierge visit to confirm that it was not within our cabin steward's ability to get us one, due to "safety regulations'). Not quite sure of the added danger from a lounger vs. a standard chair. Very disappointing, but crossing my fingers that we'll be able to score one for our Feb. 2013 Oasis cruise (with 2 connecting balconies).

Same thing happened to us on Oasis. D1 hump--no lounger. Was just told by the room steward they weren't allowed any longer.

Hoping FOS grand suite has 2! Otherwise, what's the use of the large balcony?

• 3 weeks later...

We confirm “no more lounge chairs in balcony in Liberty of the Seas”.

We stayed at 1402 aft balcony cabin in 6 oct cruise, and only have 3 regular chairs, 1400 have only regular chairs, and 1404 yes, there are a lounge chair.

We requested a lounger at our stateroom attendant, and they provided us a semilounge chair (as the ones that use in the promenade)

Attendant explained us that all lounge chairs are removed or in process of remove from the balconies for security reasons ¿?. Only remained loungers at junior suites and above categories, and at certains regular balconies, if previous passengers at requested and attendant don´t remove in embarcation day.

(sorry for my very very bad english)

Archived