COMFORT SUITES AIRPORT & CRUISE PORT

star69

has anyone stayed at this hotel before? i will be spending pre-cruise night here with a guest which is her first time ever being on a cruise an since she left me with all the booking procedures i hope i picked a decent hotel for one night. any feedback on this hotel would be appreciated. thanks.

star69

what city is your hotel in? i am trying to find out about the comfort suites in seattle by the space needle. try going to [url="http://www.tripadvisor.com"]www.tripadvisor.com[/url] and looking it up under the reveiws section. im sure someone has stayed there and has posted a opinion.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05
Alaska glacier bay again

we are booked here for 11/13/04 before we sail on jewel of the seas - i've asked this question and the responses i've received are favorable. know how you feel - i was responsible for our group of 9's reservations!!!! maybe we'll see you there when are you sailing???

If you are talking about Fort Lauderdale, The Comfort Suite are alright. We preferred the Comfort Suites on Stirling Road. The breakfast there was so much better than the Airport Comfort Inn. They even have an Omelet Bar. And K-Mart is next door for last minutes drinks.

Goodml, the Comfort Inn on Sterling Road has a complementary shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier the next day. Just sign up for the shuttle to the pier when you check in. You can call for the shuttle to pick you up at the airport at the bank of phones in the baggage area at the airport. Its not that far, probably a couple of miles or so. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
doone, I seem to remember from some threads we were both posting to last year that you've been to the Comfort Inn on Sterling a couple of times. We've been there 3 falls in a row and are going back again this Nov. Do you (or anyone else of course!) know if there is anywhere in walking distance to get beer and/or liquor? We usually take a walk to K-mart for some bottled water and some cream for our coffee but never noticed anyplace near the would sell booze.

Thanks;

Scott

Sproctor, you are correct, I have stayed at the Comfort Inn a couple of times, but I can't help you with what's around there, we never ventured out. We had later afternoon flights and got to the hotel and crashed. Sorry.

I will recommend using priceline for the original poster. If you haven't used or tried priceline here are two web sites that are very helpful for first timers, they are: [url]www.biddingforfun.com[/url] and [url]www.biddingfortravel.com[/url] both sites are a wealth of information.

Be aware on priceline once your bid for your hotel is accepted by a hotel, you cannot cancel, change or put the reservation is anyone else's name, your charge card is charged immediately. Yes, its a gamble, but I got the Marriott Hotel and Marina last March for my pre-cruise stay for $52, it was great. I bid 3* downtown and got the Marriott. I am now hooked on priceline and am looking for my hotel for next March.

I hope this helps you, any questions, please ask away.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm confused! Is the Comfort Inn different from the Comfort Suites. We booked the Comfort Inn Airport - Cruise Port (Stirling Road) for night before cruise (11/26). Has anyone stayed there? Hope I made the right choice?

You may want to check out Tripadvisor.com. Make sure you have the correct town, I believe it is in Hollywood, FL. I saw some info there that concerned me so I bid on a hotel on priceline (first time) and got a room at the Hyatt Pier 66 instead.

TACMS, I believe these are two different hotels. I have stayed at the one on Sterling Road, basic Comfort Inn, its clean and fine for a pre-cruise stay. Unfortunately, we always got in late and didn't venture out so I am not sure if there are any stores close by. Maybe someone else has done this. But you will be fine with this place to stay.

7nucruzers , we also are going on the Jewel on the 14th of november , we have not decided on a hotel yet. Your group is staying at the Comfort suites on Sterling road or the Comfort suites airport and cruise. Maybe we will see and meet you all there we are a family of 4. Later JD

Archived