The Penthouse with the extended balcony

JimandStan

Yes, that would be a BIG balcony beverage bash that probably would be BYOB!

For sure, it would be BYOB!

We could see how many people the balcony will accommodate.

Also, we could try to open the divider to Noggin's balcony, next door!!:)

Sounds like a plan to me! Should we alert Guinness - not the brewery? Or maybe the brewery!:D

You're right - it would only be fair to make it BYOB!

(from all the photographic evidence we have been given it does look as if there is an option to open the divider. That would then be some party - but with so much weight on one corner might necessitate some trim corrections by the bridge!)

You're right - it would only be fair to make it BYOB!

. That would then be some party - but with so much weight on one corner might necessitate some trim corrections by the bridge!)

Yes, especially if you wait until the end of the cruise after all that wonderful food! See you next week at the M&G. Safe journey.

Just returned from the SFO to MIA cruise. We were in penthouse suite 7130.

One of the staff was kind enough to lend me a tape measure.

The inside cabin measures 24 ft. by 12 ft or about 288 sq. ft. It's about 2 ft. narrower than the standard sized penthouse suite. You lose closet space and it's a tighter fit in the rest of the cabin. It annoyed my wife, but I was okay with it because of the balcony.

The balcony wraps around to the stern and is enormous!! It's about 420 sq. ft.

It extends out 13 ft. from the sliding glass door to the railing and wraps around to the stern for the entire length of the cabin. The width of the stern portion of the balcony is about 7 ft. The two deck chairs and the small table look lonely out there.

On the down side the balcony always had soot on it from the smokestack. It was an impossible task to keep it clean. Apparently it was an issue on all the rear decks with the exception of deck 11, which is covered by the deck above, but if you like a wrap around stern view this is the cabin for you.

We liked this ship much more than the R ships.It's fit and finish are far superior, but there is an intimacy that the R ships have that Marina does not. I think a new R ship sized ship with larger cabins would be a good idea.

Just returned from the SFO to MIA cruise. We were in penthouse suite 7130.

One of the staff was kind enough to lend me a tape measure.

The inside cabin measures 24 ft. by 12 ft or about 288 sq. ft. It's about 2 ft. narrower than the standard sized penthouse suite. You lose closet space and it's a tighter fit in the rest of the cabin. It annoyed my wife, but I was okay with it because of the balcony.

The balcony wraps around to the stern and is enormous!! It's about 420 sq. ft.

It extends out 13 ft. from the sliding glass door to the railing and wraps around to the stern for the entire length of the cabin. The width of the stern portion of the balcony is about 7 ft. The two deck chairs and the small table look lonely out there.

On the down side the balcony always had soot on it from the smokestack. It was an impossible task to keep it clean. Apparently it was an issue on all the rear decks with the exception of deck 11, which is covered by the deck above, but if you like a wrap around stern view this is the cabin for you.

We liked this ship much more than the R ships.It's fit and finish are far superior, but there is an intimacy that the R ships have that Marina does not. I think a new R ship sized ship with larger cabins would be a good idea.

Aha! The final piece to the puzzle is solved - and our eyes were not deceiving us when we looked at the deck plan and wondered whether 7133 should be shown slightly larger. Was it a drawing error or was it an optical illusion?! Fancy our doubting both our eyes and Oceania...

Well, as one who will be in 7133 I am going to make the most of those extra 2 feet, enjoy an extra wide stretch when I stagger out of bed in the morning - and put the aft view balcony entirely out of my mind!

Aha! The final piece to the puzzle is solved - and our eyes were not deceiving us when we looked at the deck plan and wondered whether 7133 should be shown slightly larger. Was it a drawing error or was it an optical illusion?! Fancy our doubting both our eyes and Oceania...

Well, as one who will be in 7133 I am going to make the most of those extra 2 feet, enjoy an extra wide stretch when I stagger out of bed in the morning - and put the aft view balcony entirely out of my mind!

OK Noggins - You're going to have the extra space, but we're going to be bumping into walls when staggering out of bed in the morning.

You're going to enjoy sharing our larger balcony. You have a win win situation. Sooo, we will expect some form of compensation:)

OK Noggins - You're going to have the extra space, but we're going to be bumping into walls when staggering out of bed in the morning.

You're going to enjoy sharing our larger balcony. You have a win win situation. Sooo, we will expect some form of compensation:)

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed the ebb and flow of this little trail! (I am afraid it may be the child in me that I struggle to shake off) I can see we may have 19 days of tease and counter tease ahead of us....

(oh, and well done on getting the same room on Riviera - I didn't even try to compete!)

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed the ebb and flow of this little trail! (I am afraid it may be the child in me that I struggle to shake off) I can see we may have 19 days of tease and counter tease ahead of us....

(oh, and well done on getting the same room on Riviera - I didn't even try to compete!)

We seem to have the same silly sense of humour, so we should get along well, especially since we will be sharing the large balcony. I'm trying to figure out how we can share your extra two feet of space:)

Anyway, we look forward to meeting the two of you, and having lots of laughs over the 19 days!! Hope you are enjoying your time in Miami.

See you soon.

So, after reading all the posts I still do nor know if the rear balcony is part of cabins 1730 and 7135, or if you have to climb over a partition to get there? If there is no furniture out there than it is not part of your cabin. :mad:

So, after reading all the posts I still do nor know if the rear balcony is part of cabins 1730 and 7135, or if you have to climb over a partition to get there? If there is no furniture out there than it is not part of your cabin. :mad:

According to post 31 in this thread, that rear section is part of the penthouse verandas, but the two areas are divided by an open archway.

Apparently, the only furniture is on the "side facing area", but there is easy access to both sections.

According to post 31 in this thread, that rear section is part of the penthouse verandas, but the two areas are divided by an open archway.

Apparently, the only furniture is on the "side facing area", but there is easy access to both sections.

With regard to cabins 7130 and 7135. There is an open archway to access the rear facing portion of the balcony. The archway is big enough to easily move the furniture between each area.

There are solid walls that divide the balconys from a small balcony that is accessed from doors at the end of each hallway. The doors are marked "EMERGENCY EXIT ONLY". During our 18 day cruise there was rarely anyone on this small balcony and never for any length of time. There is a lot of venting on the wall and a large flagpole, which takes up quite a of deck space. It's not a comfortable place to hang out.

With regard to cabins 7130 and 7135. There is an open archway to access the rear facing portion of the balcony. The archway is big enough to easily move the furniture between each area.

That's amazing. From Jim & Stan's picture, I thought that the balcony was only the huge portion facing the side. Now I see that the furniture in that picture appears to be in the rear facing portion of the balcony.

I'll be on that balcony on Monday. Can't wait!!

That's amazing. From Jim & Stan's picture, I thought that the balcony was only the huge portion facing the side. Now I see that the furniture in that picture appears to be in the rear facing portion of the balcony.

I'll be on that balcony on Monday. Can't wait!!

I just wanted to reassure you that despite this we are at peace with the situation - yes, you have what amounts to 2 balconies but those of us next door do have those 2 extra feet...!

You sound like you are much more of a social animal than I am. That's a good thing about cruising. There is something for everyone.

We intended on sharing our balcony and our bulter was kind enough to round up two extra chairs and a small table, but in the end I enjoyed just getting away from everyone and the solitude of that large and very private balcony.

The balcony is big, but we felt the cabin was uncomfortably small to entertain in. It felt like entertaining in a small bedroom to us.

Enjoy your cruise emairs!!

You sound like you are much more of a social animal than I am. That's a good thing about cruising. There is something for everyone.

We intended on sharing our balcony and our bulter was kind enough to round up two extra chairs and a small table, but in the end I enjoyed just getting away from everyone and the solitude of that large and very private balcony.

The balcony is big, but we felt the cabin was uncomfortably small to entertain in. It felt like entertaining in a small bedroom to us.

Enjoy your cruise emairs!!

Thanks for the good wishes noternews.

Yes, we are social animals, and enjoy meeting people on cruises.

Although Noggins, who will be our next door neighbour, claims that he is at peace with not having the large balcony, I think the opposite is true, due to his many references to the balcony:) I'm sure that we will be continuing this banter on the balcony in question!!

Since our cabin is smaller, perhaps we will have room to party in his spacious cabin, which is two feet larger:)

Thanks for the good wishes noternews.

Yes, we are social animals, and enjoy meeting people on cruises.

Although Noggins, who will be our next door neighbour, claims that he is at peace with not having the large balcony, I think the opposite is true, due to his many references to the balcony:) I'm sure that we will be continuing this banter on the balcony in question!!

Since our cabin is smaller, perhaps we will have room to party in his spacious cabin, which is two feet larger:)

No, really, entirely at peace - especially given the symmetry of the situation (2 feet vs 2 balconies).

But if we were to continue this banter next week we would have to decide on which of your 2 balconies it was going to occur on.....:)

No, really, entirely at peace - especially given the symmetry of the situation (2 feet vs 2 balconies).

But if we were to continue this banter next week we would have to decide on which of your 2 balconies it was going to occur on.....:)

:eek: Maybe this could be resolved by a tug of war through the open veranda partition! :eek:

tug%20of%20war.jpg

:D-With appropriate intermissions for libations, of course!

OK, good suggestion - but let's start with the libations and see how things go from there...?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA1KJ6cr9EtV8ZLQrH3CX5Jga_8zTcvJsx6J2BkZrnlngX1C_qbQThis might be the right moment to mention the Marina Martini :D

...best experienced at Martini's on Deck 6; it was created there!

• 11 months later...

Thank you for these great pictures. I'm booking an October cruise on the Riviera, do you recommend 7135 or 7130? Are these 2 cabins noticibly smaller inside than the other PH3's? Can you walk around to the yellow circled portion of the stern? Thanks.

Thank you for your great pics! Sailing October on the Riviera and wonder if I should choose 7135 or 7130? Are these 2 suites noticably smaller? I can manage a smaller closet but not bathroom or seating areas. Also, can you walk thru the open archway on the stern to sit or lean over the balcony? Thanks.

Archived