RC change the ports in Japan cruise

goya

I am trying to find more people who goes on the Rc cruise on the 23.April from Shanghai to Tokio?

We have the flights, visas, Hotels, guides and now this!!

They dont give us the money back, they want to change the ports on this cruise and if you dont want to go, you cant have a moneyrefund.

You have to find a new RC cruise to change the one you already paid for it.

Lufthansa will give us the money back, because they dont fly to Tokio now. But maybe next month they will fly again and than we cant cancel it.

What a problem, I cant beleave it, why do they not tell us right now whats going on?

If I find a new cruise, the flight will be very expensive, because there are only 4 weeks to go.

I am trying to find more people who goes on the Rc cruise on the 23.April from Shanghai to Tokio?

We have the flights, visas, Hotels, guides and now this!!

They dont give us the money back, they want to change the ports on this cruise and if you dont want to go, you cant have a moneyrefund.

You have to find a new RC cruise to change the one you already paid for it.

Lufthansa will give us the money back, because they dont fly to Tokio now. But maybe next month they will fly again and than we cant cancel it.

What a problem, I cant beleave it, why do they not tell us right now whats going on?

If I find a new cruise, the flight will be very expensive, because there are only 4 weeks to go.

Do you have travel insurance??? Natural disasters are generally covered. All prepaid expenses (hotels, flights, pre paid excursions) SHOULD be covered as well as the cruise. Take your money and book something else. RCCL has also issued statements that they will refund the cruise fare for any cruise that has Japan port calls canceled. "Passengers who chose to sail on the revised March 19 itinerary will receive an on-board credit. Passengers who choose not to sail will receive a full refund."

Where is the new cruise going to??? Are the ports not satisfactory???

I know you are upset to miss your trip to Japan, but the cruise line is watching out for your safety. And with the total disaster parts of Japan are currently, why would you WANT to go? You certainly won't see much, with roads closed and emergency services taking over most housing, gasoline, etc. etc. There is little food and water in parts of Japan. I would be surprised if your hotels have not already canceled your reservation to make way for the worldwide influx of emergency crews.

You need to follow up with your travel agent on this and not rely solely on the boards here. Since it's a month away they may substitute ports on your sailing and you may/may not have the opportunity to cancel and get money back. They are focused now on the immediate sailing but will, as RCI has always done in my experience, keep your and/or your agent advised of itinerary changes and options.

Japan will, I'm afraid, be off the cruise schedules for a while at least while they try to cope with the desperate situation in their country.

Thanks to everybody. I have just canceled my Hotels, and I am canceling the cruise today.

I had a look at other cruises to Asia with RC, but I dont like them, because we wanted to go to kyoto and Tokio.

The first time we havent got a travelinsurance, how silly!:mad: I know.

The money for the flight is no problem, we get them back, because the company canceled the flights to Tokio.

I must find out if I can change this cruise for any other company which belongs to RC.

We are scheduled to sail on April 1st from Osaka to Shanghai on Princess Cruises. As of this moment, there have be no changes to our cruise, including 2 additional ports in Japan. However, with the way things are going, we are thinking of canceling this cruise. The entire reason why we booked this cruise was for Japan and Korea. When we booked this trip, we were debating between this cruise and a land tour of Japan. The cruise is already skipping Korea so if it will skip Japan, we question if using 13 days of vacation is worth it. I called our travel insurance company and they said we will be fully reimbursed for any expenses we cannot get refunded if we cancel this cruise so it's good to know we have that option.

We're not pulling the trigger yet but things don't look good. Even though our ports are not effected by the earthquake or tsunami, it will be very hectic if there is a nuclear disaster as the Japanese people in the north evacuate to the south.

Still not sure what we're going to do but I'm going to start researching backup trips.

The problem is RCI doesnt say anything in the moment.

3 days before the cruise 16.of March, they say if anyone doesnt want to go they can have the money back, and if you go on the cruise you get a 250$ credit onboard.

A little bit late, because the people are already in Shanghai.

Our cruise 23.April will not go to Japan, but they dont tell us where they a sailing to.

We can change the cruise to any other one with RC, no moneyrefund.

So now we changed the cruise, because they canceled our flights. It will take them a time to give us the money back, and we have to pay the new cruise in cash right now.

This is not fare.

At least RCI is offering you a full refund if you don't want to go on the cruise anymore. When I called Princess yesterday, they said I would not get my money back if I cancel. My cruise on is April 1 and we still don't know if they will make any changes to it. However, Princess released a statement yesterday that they will make decision by the end of today and let everyone know what the changes will be. I'm anxiously waiting.

We dont get the money back, we only can cancel the tour. So now we are going to Dubai and south of India.

We are just back from North of India, and we wanted to see the south.

Next year if its posible, we are going to Japan.

At least RCI is offering you a full refund if you don't want to go on the cruise anymore. When I called Princess yesterday, they said I would not get my money back if I cancel. My cruise on is April 1 and we still don't know if they will make any changes to it. However, Princess released a statement yesterday that they will make decision by the end of today and let everyone know what the changes will be. I'm anxiously waiting.

Which are your ports?

I wouldnt go to Tokio, its to near to the nuclear stations.

Be very careful regarding cancellation insurance,make sure you read the fine print extremely carefully. Fifteen years ago my late mother-in-law canceled a trip 6 weeks before her departure because she was diagnosed with cancer. The insurance company refused to pay because it was a "pre-existing" condition according to them. Two years later after threating to go to the press and suing them they finally paid. It also took government pressure to get the money. So make sure you read and understand your policy completely.

Which are your ports?

I wouldnt go to Tokio, its to near to the nuclear stations.

Princess announced our new itinerary yesterday. Instead of embarking in Osaka, we are embarking in Hong Kong with an overnight there. They replaced Hiroshima and Hakata/Fukuoka with Taipei, Taiwan and Inchon, Korea. We spent all night changing our flights and pre-cruise hotel and canceling our transfers, which we all booked independently. Luckily, all of the vendors agreed to change/cancel with no fees. Glad that is done with.

Be very careful regarding cancellation insurance,make sure you read the fine print extremely carefully. Fifteen years ago my late mother-in-law canceled a trip 6 weeks before her departure because she was diagnosed with cancer. The insurance company refused to pay because it was a "pre-existing" condition according to them. Two years later after threating to go to the press and suing them they finally paid. It also took government pressure to get the money. So make sure you read and understand your policy completely.

Sorry to hear your MIL went through that. I always make sure "pre-existing conditions" are covered in my insurance. You can generally get it covered for free as long as you buy insurance within 1 week of making your deposit. If you buy it after that week, you can still find a policy that will cover it but you may have to pay more.

Our RC cruise departing Shanghai on 9 April has had an itinerary change. We were supposed to be stopping in 2 ports in Japan - Nagasaki and Kagoshima. We will now be spending 2 days in Seoul instead. As far as I can see the rest of the itinerary remains unchanged.

We have also been offered a $300.00 credit per cabin.

I'm happy enough with this change. At least we know in advance and can look into excusrions for Seoul.

This is just what I didnt want, to go to many ports in Corea.

I dont have any insurance, but Lufthansa canceled our flight from Tokio to our home. So we had to get a new flight which we didnt want.

They are going to refund us the whole amount, even without insurance.

RCI told our agency they are not going to Japan, but they didnt tell us where they would go. So they offered us to change the cruise for another one.

We are going on the 9.April from Dubai, Muskat, Goa, Cochin, Bombay, Dubai.

We are saving a lot of money, so I will spend everything in shoping :D

Archived