Cruise and Booze: All-You-Can-Drink Packages Coming From Royal Caribbean

I agree that this is unlikely to create any more drunkenness than already exists. I'm a NASCAR fan, been going to the Daytona races for over 20 years, and folks at the races really know how to drink. Yet I have never seen even one obnoxious, unruly, nasty drunk - oh yeah, many have had waaaay too much to drink (you can tell by the way they drive on the way home) but they don't get offensive, they're there to have a good time. I think cruise passengers are like that, too - and on a cruise ship nobody but the captain has to drive. :)

Nevertheless, I won't be buying the package, too expensive for no more drinking than I do, and you have to get to at least the $39 level before it's more than just beer and wine. And for those who think this will be a "real bargain," rest assured that Carnival won't be offering it until they're certain that it's a profit center for them.

The idea that everyone in the cabin has to buy the package will probably make a lot of folks think twice.

More then $20 now. Man this would save us alot of money!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if they ran this like they run the soda card - so that you couldn't get a bucket of beer but would have to buy them one at a time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ran this like they run the soda card - so that you couldn't get a bucket of beer but would have to buy them one at a time.

I don't remember. I didn't order any buckets of beer when I had the card, but I'll find out for you from people who did. :)

The main reason this caught my eye and I chose to post it was....

WE ARE BEER DRINKERS and spending $24.00 per bucket for 4 gets to be expensive for the two of us.

It would be an ideal situation, espically with the gratutites included, as some may not have been aware.

Should RCI chose to do fleetwide, it would be worth a look see to me as Celebrity was when I found out they were providing the drink packages.

To each their own:D:D

Bottoms up:o

Are the drink glasses smaller? will the bartenders be less likely to serve you if you have a card?

I would have to get the $39 package as I dont drink wine or beer. at 5 drinks a day, I not sure I could do that for 8 days. on the other hand, maybe I could ;)

Choosing the middle package would only be $560 for a 7 day cruise for us makes it a no brainer decision. Would even consider leaving the rum runners at home :rolleyes:

RCI will roll this out soon here, CCL / JH will make fun of it for about a year then CCL will roll it out as well.

Choosing the middle package would only be $560 for a 7 day cruise for us makes it a no brainer decision. Would even consider leaving the rum runners at home :rolleyes:

RCI will roll this out soon here, CCL / JH will make fun of it for about a year then CCL will roll it out as well.

There are reasons I enjoy reading you post.

Words of wisdom bestow your typing fingers.

Carnival has had for some time now. All you have to do is form a booze group, book a cruise, and request it.

And hopefully this thread doesn't get poofed so we can dig your post out and wipe off the cobwebs and say "I told ya so":D

I'm kinda of curious when the first reports of drunken brawls attributed to booze packages occur on RCCL. When there is only a group or two on the package (like on Carnival), I think the opportunities are limited. When a booze package is available to the whole ship? Meebe time to stay in your cabin and order room service.

I tried that, all the boozers up here prefer AI's.

This could change their mind.

Doubtful.

Carnival is the Fun Ship, not the Drunken Ship, although that is a stigma/myth that the competition seems to like to keep alive.

In any event, a booze package it is not something RCCL invented. As mentioned, Carnival has had for some time.

If you are the equivalent of Milestone on RCCL, I believe they already give you free booze during limited hours every night.

I prefer the lower prices and better value of Carnival and not higher cruise prices to subsidize the excesses of others. I definitely prefer complementary laundry (even for lowly Carnival Platinum) to a free happy hour.

Archived