Cruise and Booze: All-You-Can-Drink Packages Coming From Royal Caribbean

This may be one of the most inaccurate posts I've ever read on CC.

For starters, the Liberty cruises the Caribbean for several months of the year ~ so lots of US folks will be partaking in this new venture. Also, RCCL has posted they are going to see how this goes and possibly add it to their other ships.

Secondly.. YES.. I have looked at the prices and some of the cruises they are currently offering this on and they are as cheap as $429 for a 4-day balcony from London to Ireland and back.

Third.. and most important... you've got to be kidding me with your sterotype about Americans drinking more... SERIOUSLY??!! O. M. G. We have NEVER been overseas and been able to even begin to drink as much as our wonderful European neighbors. NO WAY! Our travels to London, Poland, Spain, etc and our cruise ALL proved to show us they are more social drinkers than us however, they have a much higher tolerance than us!! My in-laws have visited nearly 70 countries now and they always return with stories of drink consumption far past what they can possibly tolerate ~ and they would probably be considered a little too tipsy for most Americans standards! Sometimes the inaccurate information posted on these boards astounds me.

No kidding!!! If you do a quick search on google it shows the USA is 20th in per capita consumption of alcohol!! And the UK is 9th so that statement makes no sense what so ever... Go to Europe and check out the nightlife there!! 18 year olds and booze.... its crazy

No kidding!!! If you do a quick search on google it shows the USA is 20th in per capita consumption of alcohol!! And the UK is 9th so that statement makes no sense what so ever... Go to Europe and check out the nightlife there!! 18 year olds and booze.... its crazy

Too funny. Lies, damn lies, and STATISTICS. How many of those alcoholics are cruisers, cruise on Carnival, yada, yada.

I understand St Patrick's day is not as inebriated in the UK, much less Ireland, as it is in the US. Kind of similar to Stinky Mayo (aka Cinco de Mayo)

Too funny. Lies, damn lies, and STATISTICS. How many of those alcoholics are cruisers, cruise on Carnival, yada, yada.

I understand St Patrick's day is not as inebriated in the UK, much less Ireland, as it is in the US. Kind of similar to Stinky Mayo (aka Cinco de Mayo)

Yeah, i have some Irish friends and St Patricks day is almost like our Thanksgiving in how they celebrate... Lots of food, family gatherings, church, etc...

Also, it sounds like all the pier runners are drunks?? What about people that dont keep track of time or get lost or are looking for other cruisers??

There is a cultural divide bigger than the Grand Canyon when it comes to alcohol consumption between North America and any where else. They learn to be social drinkers because it is available to them at a much earlier age and public drunkeness comes with a stigma attached to it where here we laugh at people running down the pier.

I take it you've never been to Australia then?

Yeah, i have some Irish friends and St Patricks day is almost like our Thanksgiving in how they celebrate... Lots of food, family gatherings, church, etc...

My understanding is that Ireland doesn't get stupid drunk on green beer, overdose on corned beef and cabbage, etc. Not boisterous at all - or at least not up to usual daily standards. I will reconfirm.

Family gatherings, food, and Church - absolutely.

We cruised Celebrity last summer in Alaska. My sister and her hubby had the all inclusive. So worth it. I didn't realize it that you didn't have to sign up in the beginning of the cruise. You could do it for the remainder so if on day three or four you could just jump in on it. So worth it because theirs included specialty coffee, soda, all kinds of bottled water, beer, wine, mixed drinks and martinis. If you got two coffee's, a soda, water to take off the ship, a drink before dinner, wine with dinner and a drink for the show or late night the package would more than pay for itself. Here's wishing Carnival will follow suit.

[quote name='CupKayke']This may be one of the most inaccurate posts I've ever read on CC.

For starters, the Liberty cruises the Caribbean for several months of the year ~ so lots of US folks will be partaking in this new venture. Also, RCCL has posted they are going to see how this goes and possibly add it to their other ships.

Secondly.. YES.. I have looked at the prices and some of the cruises they are currently offering this on and they are as cheap as $429 for a 4-day balcony from London to Ireland and back.

Third.. and most important... you've got to be kidding me with your sterotype about Americans drinking more... SERIOUSLY??!! O. M. G. We have NEVER been overseas and been able to even begin to drink as much as our wonderful European neighbors. NO WAY! Our travels to London, Poland, Spain, etc and our cruise ALL proved to show us they are more social drinkers than us however, they have a much higher tolerance than us!! My in-laws have visited nearly 70 countries now and they always return with stories of drink consumption far past what they can possibly tolerate ~ and they would probably be considered a little too tipsy for most Americans standards! Sometimes the inaccurate information posted on these boards astounds me.[/QUOTE]

The Liberty is not one of the ships offering this package. No ships sailing from US ports off this package yet if ever. The closes port is Colon Panama. Below is a list of ship that offer package. I would love to be wrong so if you know something that I do not or is not listed yet please let me Know.

The three-option program was made available from March 13 on Grandeur of the Seas, and from March 14 on Independence of the Seas and Legend of the Seas.

Archived