New to princess - very keen but not sure

scumbers

hi

we have never cruised on princess before but have our first comin up in only 339 days or so hehe

can you do anything to speed up the process at the pier as i know with royal caribbean you complete online checkin and you print a set sail pass which is like a boardin card contains your info such as emergency contact etc and onboard spendin etc.

sorry if this is a dumb question. i have registered on website and can see personalisation for the booking such as passenger immigration but any help appreciated :)

Before you leave you will have filled out all the immigration and personal information and will be able to print your boarding pass and luggage tags 75 days prior. Then you just show up at check in with the boarding pass, passport and credit card to get your room card. Very simple and efficient

hi

we have never cruised on princess before but have our first comin up in only 339 days or so hehe

can you do anything to speed up the process at the pier as i know with royal caribbean you complete online checkin and you print a set sail pass which is like a boardin card contains your info such as emergency contact etc and onboard spendin etc.

sorry if this is a dumb question. i have registered on website and can see personalisation for the booking such as passenger immigration but any help appreciated :)

Welcome to Princess! What ship and itinerary are you sailing?

You will do most of you paperwork ahead on line , including registering your credit card.There is still a bit to do at the pier, you'll fill our a health form at that time.

The hard part for everyone is the wait between booking your cruise and the actual sailing.

Enjoy!

You will do most of you paperwork ahead on line , including registering your credit card.There is still a bit to do at the pier, you'll fill our a health form at that time.

The hard part for everyone is the wait between booking your cruise and the actual sailing.

Enjoy!

we are on ruby princess - cant wait :)

It is much easier with the Embarcation and disembarcation with princess cruises. It runs very smoothly and well the Mega Ships must be a total pain...with ships with 5400 passengers. On the Independence of the Sea's it took me over an hour standing outside before I got into the building just to get my suit cases. Now they have you go to certain waiting areas to get off the ship. You can go a little later and not have to wait as long. Print up your boarding passes and bring the luggage tags and there will be someone to stable them and put them on your bags.

I am sure you will have a wonderful time.:D:p

Enjoy!

What is on the health form? Why do they wait until boarding to have you do it?

What is on the health form? Why do they wait until boarding to have you do it?
It's at a table just before check-in. You swear that you haven't been sick in the last 24-48 hours.

To the OP, unless you get to the port before embarkation starts, check-in and embarkation is very fast. In January, we arrived at the pier at 12:20pm, filled out the health form, went through security, checked in, boarded the ship and I was in my cabin by 12:45pm. This isn't always the case but in my experience, Princess is WAY faster than RCCL.

Yes, you can do the exact same things at Princess.com that you can do with RCCL. I've been on both lines in the last year and a half, and the process is very similar. Just set up your Cruise Personalizer at Princess.com, and you can do all the things you did with RCCL: Emergency contact, Immigration info, print boarding pass and luggage tags, book shore excursions, etc. Some of these can't be done until you're closer to your cruise date. One nice thing about Princess is that you are not charged right away for booking shore excursions online. I didn't like that about RCCL.

Archived