Silly question about B2B - Monarch and Majesty...

I almost did this for my upcoming cruise. It was the port distance, then getting a taxi to pick up the rental. Then drive, then return the rental and shuttle over to the port. Same routine with the rental at the end of the cruise. Plus I would need to then fly out from different airport to go home. Too many hassles that made me up change my mind. I could have made it I think, but I didn't want to risk it on this trip.

Ended up w/a B2B on Majesty.

Just do a B2B on the Majesty. I promise that you'll be very happy. You will get to go to Key West, where Monarch does not go.

I did the drive once, because we were at Disney then drove to Miami for a Majesty cruise. It's an easy drive, and you would be 99.9% sure of making the other cruise, but I still recommend just staying on Majesty for a week.

:)

We just completed a b2b2b2b on the Monarch. We totally loved the experience and plan to do it again at the same time next year. We did the same two places (Nassau and Cocoa Cay) on all four sailings and never became bored. It was wonderful and so very easy to stay on the ship on the turnaround days in Port Canaveral. This was our first b2b experience and it has changed our outlook on cruising. From now on we'll do a b2b whenever we have the time (which should not be a problem because we just retired). We've already booked a b2b on the Freedom.

The only "negative" for us (and it didn't bother us) about staying on the Monarch for 14 days: we drove from Virginia Beach to Port Canaveral and parked in the cruise terminal lot for 14 days. The bill was over $200 but the convenience was worth it. We could have parked in a stay-park-cruise hotel but preferred to spend the parking fee for the convenience. We'll do it again next time.

We just completed a b2b2b2b on the Monarch. We totally loved the experience and plan to do it again at the same time next year. We did the same two places (Nassau and Cocoa Cay) on all four sailings and never became bored. It was wonderful and so very easy to stay on the ship on the turnaround days in Port Canaveral. This was our first b2b experience and it has changed our outlook on cruising. From now on we'll do a b2b whenever we have the time (which should not be a problem because we just retired). We've already booked a b2b on the Freedom.

The only "negative" for us (and it didn't bother us) about staying on the Monarch for 14 days: we drove from Virginia Beach to Port Canaveral and parked in the cruise terminal lot for 14 days. The bill was over $200 but the convenience was worth it. We could have parked in a stay-park-cruise hotel but preferred to spend the parking fee for the convenience. We'll do it again next time.

Good job you weren't on the Majesty, the parking in Miami is $5 a day more than PC :(

Archived