Klaksvik, Faroe Islands

negc

Jewel of the Seas will include a port call in Klaksvik in the Faroe Islands as part of its 2012 westbound transatlantic. I'm not sure if this is the right board for this request, but if not, perhaps the moderators can move it to the appropriate one.

This is someplace that I suspect many, perhaps most, cruisers have not visited so anything that someone might be able to contribute to extend our knowledge and appreciation of this destination would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jewel of the Seas will include a port call in Klaksvik in the Faroe Islands as part of its 2012 westbound transatlantic. I'm not sure if this is the right board for this request, but if not, perhaps the moderators can move it to the appropriate one.

This is someplace that I suspect many, perhaps most, cruisers have not visited so anything that someone might be able to contribute to extend our knowledge and appreciation of this destination would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You will have a pleasant surprise waiting for you in the Faroe Islands. It is a jewel (providing the weather is ok). The green islands are dotted with picturesque villages along steep cliffs and, if you take a small bus tour through some of the extensive tunnels, you will also have some excitement in store.

We were there last summer and loved it. For details go to http://www.*****.com/Faroe.html

It was part of our Top of the World cruise.

far 42a.jpg

You will have a pleasant surprise waiting for you in the Faroe Islands. It is a jewel (providing the weather is ok). The green islands are dotted with picturesque villages along steep cliffs and, if you take a small bus tour through some of the extensive tunnels, you will also have some excitement in store.

We were there last summer and loved it. For details go to http://www.*****.com/Faroe.html

It was part of our Top of the World cruise.

far 42a.jpg

Thanks. The inclusion of the Faroe islands has generated a lot of interest and the roll call thread for the cruise which has only been open since Wednesday morning already is more than a dozen pages long and most, if not all, of the best rooms are already booked.:)

Thanks. The inclusion of the Faroe islands has generated a lot of interest and the roll call thread for the cruise which has only been open since Wednesday morning already is more than a dozen pages long and most, if not all, of the best rooms are already booked.:)

If you would like to have some more information you could contact the Port of Torshavn at port@torshavn.fo. They publish a great map of the islands and maybe will send you a copy.

And also you might want to contact MB at mb@mb.fo or go to their web site www.cruise.fo

As I mentioned, it is much better to have a small group of people (max 16) and tour the islands in a small bus that can go through some of the small tunnels. The big busses cannot go to some of the remote places.

Archived