Best Oasis Balcony

I tried searching the board but I couldn't find the answer. Maybe it's too early in the morning and I missed it :p

I am wondering what is considered the "best" balcony room on Oasis. Is it true there are no afts? We normally go for those corner afts so this time I am at a loss. Any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

I tried searching the board but I couldn't find the answer. Maybe it's too early in the morning and I missed it :p

I am wondering what is considered the "best" balcony room on Oasis. Is it true there are no afts? We normally go for those corner afts so this time I am at a loss. Any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

Crown Loft Suite 1730, smack dab in the middle of the back of the ship and GREAT views ;) We enjoyed it :D

Crown Loft Suite 1730, smack dab in the middle of the back of the ship and GREAT views ;) We enjoyed it :D

If you ever wanted to see the truth of the old adage "one man's meat is another man's poison" just compare this response with a recently-posted review in the member review section about the March 5 sailing. The reviewer says it was their worst cruise ever and gives the ship one star MAINLY BASED ON HOW MUCH THEY HATED THE VIEW IN THEIR CABIN -- 1730!!!! In fact, the reviewer notes that once they saw the "horrible" view they asked guest services to change their cabin (apparently they thought they were in a hotel, where rooms are just sitting there vacant). According to the reviewer, their view was just of a big smokestack and people ziplining all day, with no real view of the ocean.

Not to take sides, but we just got off the Oasis where we had cabin 1738, just a few doors down, and the one-star reviewer is out of his or her mind (so I guess I AM taking sides). Raptor2010 is correct -- those crown loft balconies along the aft of the ship have GREAT views. You get to see everything going on on the sports deck, while at the same time you get sweeping sea views to the sides and off the back of the ship all around you.

But the single best views on the ship are at the two corners of loft suite section -- the sky suites on the port side and the Royal Loft on the starboard. Just breathtaking.

However, I assume the original poster was talking about regular balcony cabins or junior suites and, no, I don't think there are any aft balconies other than aqua suites on various decks and the loft suites on deck 17.

Edited by Lizcourt

I am wondering what is considered the "best" balcony room on Oasis.

I would have to think it's the Royal Loft Suite on deck 17 (and 18). Here's the description of it:

Two deck high stateroom with panoramic views. Master bedroom and bath on second level. Bath has a tub, shower, two sinks and bidet. Stairway to second level. Four twin beds (can convert to Queens). Bath with shower on main level. Private balcony with whirlpool and dining area. Dining area with dry bar. Living room sofa converts to double bed. Closets on each level. Stateroom can accomodate up to 6 guests. (1,599.3 sq. ft., balcony 874 sq. ft.)

We stayed in an Owners suite on the hump, the balcony was awesome!!! If I remember correctly the square footage of both the room and the balcony was bigger than the loft suite (not the royal loft just the regular lofts).

If you ever wanted to see the truth of the old adage "one man's meat is another man's poison" just compare this response with a recently-posted review in the member review section about the March 5 sailing. The reviewer says it was their worst cruise ever and gives the ship one star MAINLY BASED ON HOW MUCH THEY HATED THE VIEW IN THEIR CABIN -- 1730!!!! In fact, the reviewer notes that once they saw the "horrible" view they asked guest services to change their cabin (apparently they thought they were in a hotel, where rooms are just sitting there vacant). According to the reviewer, their view was just of a big smokestack and people ziplining all day, with no real view of the ocean.

Not to take sides, but we just got off the Oasis where we had cabin 1738, just a few doors down, and the one-star reviewer is out of his or her mind (so I guess I AM taking sides). Raptor2010 is correct -- those crown loft balconies along the aft of the ship have GREAT views. You get to see everything going on on the sports deck, while at the same time you get sweeping sea views to the sides and off the back of the ship all around you.

But the single best views on the ship are at the two corners of loft suite section -- the sky suites on the port side and the Royal Loft on the starboard. Just breathtaking.

However, I assume the original poster was talking about regular balcony cabins or junior suites and, no, I don't think there are any aft balconies other than aqua suites on various decks and the loft suites on deck 17.

I agree with you, that one star poster is WAY off. Here is a picture from our balcony and we thought it was the best of both worlds, getting to see the ocean and everything going on on the sports deck, Boardwalk AND the Aqua Theater.

33907_443581796161_611711161_5053061_210382_n.jpg

I would have to think it's the Royal Loft Suite on deck 17 (and 18). Here's the description of it:

Two deck high stateroom with panoramic views. Master bedroom and bath on second level. Bath has a tub, shower, two sinks and bidet. Stairway to second level. Four twin beds (can convert to Queens). Bath with shower on main level. Private balcony with whirlpool and dining area. Dining area with dry bar. Living room sofa converts to double bed. Closets on each level. Stateroom can accomodate up to 6 guests. (1,599.3 sq. ft., balcony 874 sq. ft.)

Yup, absolutely true. Had the Royal Loft Suite for the 2/26 sailing. At sea, have never had a view like it; vast sweeping vistas of the ocean in almost every direction. But the most breathtaking day was when we were in St. Maarten. We had a completely unobstructed view of the Phillipsburg harbor, including the beautiful quaint buildings along Front (?) Street, the sailboats and other small boats in the harbor, and the lush green mountains beyond. All from 17 stories up. Never, ever, ever seen a view on land or sea to equal it.

Edited by Lizcourt

I would like to hear about good balcony rooms too!

We have a D5 that is next to a D1 (making it a bit larger then a regular one) but I am debating to get the Garantee Rate to save a few bucks. Not sure yet if it is worth it or not (approximately $250 cheaper).

I would like to hear about good "regular" balcony rooms too. Since we need connecting rooms for 6 people our budget will not allow us a suite. We are considering the the B1's 9323 and 9325 and other similar combos on a few other decks. How would are view be from these cabins of the aquatheatre? Thanks for any help.

We had a B1 Boardwalk Balcony on Oasis- 10329. It was great, I would book it again. It's aft next to the rock climbing wall. You can watch the activity's on the boardwalk, watch the shows in the aqua theater, and still see the ocean.:D:D:D We did not find it noisy, DH tooks naps differant times of day:)

I would like to hear about good balcony rooms too!

We have a D5 that is next to a D1 (making it a bit larger then a regular one) but I am debating to get the Garantee Rate to save a few bucks. Not sure yet if it is worth it or not (approximately $250 cheaper).

Which cabin is that?

We were in 10729 (B1)..last boardwalk balcony starboard side. Would definitely book this stateroom again. Noise was only an issue on Saturday morning debarkation..when they had CNN blasting on big screen TV's at 6:00 in the morning...I did not need to be woken up that early on the last morning!!!! The bed was by the bathroom, enough room to access the closet. Greatviews of the aqua theatre, the ocean, and the boardwalk. Loved it.

• 4 years later...

With so many to choose from, it just goes to show that we all like different things.

When we decided to downgrade from a proper suite to a lower grade of stateroom on Allure, we read so many reviews and they all contradicted each other. Sometimes the same room was described as one reviewer as noisy and in a poor location and by another as being the best room ever. Different things for different folks!

I didn't notice that it was. I did a search for our stateroom and it came up. I didn't notice the date, but I found the information interesting.

Not sure why you felt the need to comment if you had nothing to say on the topic, but thanks for your input :rolleyes:

I didn't notice that it was. I did a search for our stateroom and it came up. I didn't notice the date, but I found the information interesting.

Not sure why you felt the need to comment if you had nothing to say on the topic, but thanks for your input :rolleyes:

I have been researching Oasis class ships for the past couple of weeks. When I came across this post, I was going to ask a question to the OP and a another poster and then I realized it was an old post.

Lately there have been a lot of very old posts resurfacing and like I stated I was just curious. Sorry if my curiosity offended you.

I have been researching Oasis class ships for the past couple of weeks. When I came across this post, I was going to ask a question to the OP and a another poster and then I realized it was an old post.

Lately there have been a lot of very old posts resurfacing and like I stated I was just curious. Sorry if my curiosity offended you.

I see. No problem. Apology accepted, thanks :)

Also a corner aft person and when sailing on the Oasis and Allure had to make a "new" choice. Normally book a standard balcony room so cannot comment on the suites.

Would suggest taking a long hard look at the deck plans and choose something that is convenient to what you like or spend a lot of time doing. Otherwise you are going to be walking more.

Have stayed on deck 8 ocean view aft - very convenient. Family and grandkids were across the hall in a boardwalk balcony - entertaining for the kids and could people watch and see Aqua show. Try to be as far aft as possible as you can then see the wake.

Found deck 8 to be very convenient to what we all enjoyed.

Have also stayed on deck 12 ocean view aft which was also fine.

Note that when I say aft I am referring to back portion of the ship; not the true aft across the back of the ship that you are used to.