New Orleans here we come!

chadci

Trying to put together a walking map on my phone. Is Cafe du Monde walkable from the ferry? Looks to be about a mile which is OK if it's safe walking. Also, when we've had enough of the french quarter, where's the best place to pick up the streetcar?

Yes it is about a mile or so from the ferry. There is a streetcar that runs along the riverfront with several stops. You could take that if you didn't want to walk. I think it costs $1.25 per person.

Thanks, found the route / map / schedule. Looks perfect.

My e mail address is smurfm69atyahoo.com Less than a week to go and you'll be down here enjoying the Big Easy. Right now it looks like the weather will be nice for next weekend.

Yeah, we're really looking forward to getting on the road. I went and got my oil done today so she's ready to go. I'll e-mail you and we'll set up dinner.

We leave tomorrow at noon. Getting the car packed and the GPS programmed tonight.

I am getting.. hmm... anxious about the crowds in New Orleans on Saturday. Hopefully they won't bother us and we won't bother them too much. I looked at going over on Sunday and unless we can find easy parking on the cheap it's a no go as the Ferry doesn' start until later UNLESS they have a special event schedule. I've not found that, though.

That place Sal's is only a few miles from our house and I haven't been there yet but have been wanting to check it out. Tallyho is exactly right about the smaller hole in the wall restaurants having food that is really good and cheaper than the fancier places.

Thanks again for the invite to dinner etc. We had a good time and good food. Decided to go wih a cab instead of trying to drive in so we'll be heading over in an hour or so.

Archived