How rocky is Deck 12 Forward?

rlkubi

You must be on one of the first cruises on the Magic. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. The summer should be fairly calm seas. Bring some ginger ale on board and take ginger pills that should help hubby.

Keeping my fingers crossed for calm seas for you.

Yep we are on the second cruise. We were offered this upgrade to the spa deck with all the amenities and I grabbed it with my other 2 friends. We did the Dream transatlantic and the Mediterranean was like glass. I'm praying that happens this time because he is not happy with me.

We got upgraded to Spa Deck Forward on our Magic cruise. My husband can get seasick and now he's not happy with me because we usually get mid-ship. Should he be worried?

I've been all the way forward (like you, very first cabin and even had one that was forward facing), I've been mid ship and I've been in aft facing cabins. It has been my experience that if the ship is rocking, the whole ship is rocking.

That said, the least amount of movement is low and middle. This the greatest amount of movement is at ether end and high. If the seas are calm, it will not matter. If the seas are truly rough, it will not matter. So it only matters if the seas are just a little rough.

I get seasick easily, which is why I take ginger with me. I am of course referring to the plant, and not Mary Ann's friend.

Is Ginger a pill? He has used the patch before but generally doesn't need it. They are very pricey though. I want to bring things that will help him. I don't want this to be a miserable vacation.

Thank you

Is Ginger a pill? He has used the patch before but generally doesn't need it. They are very pricey though. I want to bring things that will help him. I don't want this to be a miserable vacation.

Thank you

Yes the ginger is in pill form and I start taking it a couple of days before I set sail and during the cruise. No side effects. You can get them in the vitamin aisle at any large retailer or pharmacy.

That's all you take? How many per day? You don't use the patch or the wrist bands?

That and I bring along a 12 pack of ginger ale. I take two in the morning and two at night.

The patch gives me cotton mouth and the wrist bands are so tight to work on the pressure points they make my hands swell so I have given up on them.

Our last cruise at Christmas it was really rough coming back from Freeport up the east coast but I did just fine.

I get the ginger at Walmart. It is great for an upset tummy even if you aren't at sea. I always have Ginger Ale here at the house in case of stomach upsets. We needed ginger ale on one cruise for sure... but we always take ginger pills too.

Nancy

That's all you take? How many per day? You don't use the patch or the wrist bands?

200.jpg

When I take ginger (I've been on 17 cruises and only needed the pills on two of the cruises) I take one in the morning before breakfast and one in the evening before dinner. Make sure you also drink at least one half glass of water with the pill (you will only make that mistake once if you forget the water). 100 pills cost $5 - $6. You can find it at Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS (and similar stores).

The advantage of ginger is it will still work even after you start to feel sick. The drugs you can take don't work after you start to feel sick. Also, another advantage is that ginger is not a drug.

200.jpg

When I take ginger (I've been on 17 cruises and only needed the pills on two of the cruises) I take one in the morning before breakfast and one in the evening before dinner. Make sure you also drink at least one half glass of water with the pill (you will only make that mistake once if you forget the water). 100 pills cost $5 - $6. You can find it at Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS (and similar stores).

The advantage of ginger is it will still work even after you start to feel sick. The drugs you can take don't work after you start to feel sick. Also, another advantage is that ginger is not a drug.

Iv taken chewable bonine after I felt sick and the chewable gets into my system right away and yes, its always worked great even after I start to feel something (which has only been a few times)

Iv taken chewable bonine after I felt sick and the chewable gets into my system right away and yes, its always worked great even after I start to feel something (which has only been a few times)

Don't know what to say. I can't argue with personal experience. Nonetheless, it is my understanding that the drugs need to be taken before you feel sick, otherwise it is too late. Kind of like putting on sunscreen after you start to burn.

Don't know what to say. I can't argue with personal experience. Nonetheless, it is my understanding that the drugs need to be taken before you feel sick, otherwise it is too late. Kind of like putting on sunscreen after you start to burn.

We have also put on the patch after we started to feel it. ...works immediately to me... or almost immediately.

I never take anything until I start to feel it. ..but I have seen the advice to start earlier so you dont ever feel seasick at all.

That and I bring along a 12 pack of ginger ale. I take two in the morning and two at night.

The patch gives me cotton mouth and the wrist bands are so tight to work on the pressure points they make my hands swell so I have given up on them.

Our last cruise at Christmas it was really rough coming back from Freeport up the east coast but I did just fine.

We have also put on the patch after we started to feel it. ...works immediately to me... or almost immediately.

I never take anything until I start to feel it. ..but I have seen the advice to start earlier so you dont ever feel seasick at all.

As they say, your mileage may vary. I used the patch before a sailboat trip and I felt no effects (except I didn't get seasick). All I can say is that it is my understanding that drugs must be taken before you feel sick to work.

We are the first room in the front.

I can see why your husband is concerned... if I got seasick regularly, not once in a blue moon, I think he is apt to feel the motion this far forward.

I was all the way forward on a Princess cruise on Lido deck and I leaned over to put something in my suitcase on the floor and whoaaaa!!! I felt it. I never was seasick, but there were times I felt the motion.

Archived