New Food Menus in Dining Room?

judyfssw

We have been cruising with Celebrity since 1992. I do like the old menus and hope they do not discontinue items. I would rather see them add new items to it. It is like going to my favorite restaurant for a favorite dish. We usually select our restaurant based on what we want to eat. When they change the menu and what we wanted to eat is no longer on the menu, we no longer frequent that restaurant.

There are certain items that I look forward to on my cruise: for example, the mushroom appetizer on the first night, the creme brulee, the cold fruit soups, etc. In fact my mouth is watering right now thinking about my favorites on Celebrity. I would be very disappointed if they weren't available.

Celebrity has changed their menus over the years - in little ways. I miss a few of my favorites that Celebrity removed: the potato baskets, the cigar pastry with fresh fruit.

Hajekfam, you had me laughing about the first night thing. We always order the mushroom appetizer and the hake (fish) on the first night. Everyone asks if I have the menu memorized!

As for changes, i guess it would depend on what those changes are. I certainly do not want to see downscaling and that is what concerns me. Oil prices are sky high just now and Celebrity has a very high booking rate for the remainder of the year, many if not most made when fuel costs were lower. They cannot raise the prices for already booked cruises and I am concerned they will make up the lost revenue in other places. I believe this is why the RCL stock is still falling.

Linda

I don't care if they change the menu I just want them to improve the food quality. Not that it is not better than most of the other cruise lines but six years or so ago there was no comparison it gave you that WOW feeling.

Oh heavens, Pincus, not the breadsticks!!! My husband is a beef man and wouldn't even think of trying anything else. I'm a little adventuresome and will try some things. I remember the potato baskets (they did have a very small one on our cruise last month). I guess, what I meant when I started this thread is that maybe I would like some additions to the present menu.

Oh heavens, Pincus, not the breadsticks!!! My husband is a beef man and wouldn't even think of trying anything else. I'm a little adventuresome and will try some things. I remember the potato baskets (they did have a very small one on our cruise last month). I guess, what I meant when I started this thread is that maybe I would like some additions to the present menu.

Agree, Judy. The menu needs some updating; I would think the kitchen staff is growing tired of the same old menus also.

On our recent Millie cruise, our waiter told us they had replaced the potato baskets with "potato balls". I had one with steak one night & it was really good. It was like a ball of mashed potatoes rolled in something crunchy..I believe he said it was rolled in almonds.

New items are OK but please keep the old standards. I would sorely miss the mushroom puff pastry, smoked salmon Claudine, etc.! And the salads and salad dressings - great variety - please don't mess with those. We cruised with HAL in October of 2004 and I was bored to tears with the same iceberg lettuce every night and bottled dressings. We're booked on Connie in November of this year and it can't get here soon enough!

On our recent Millie cruise, our waiter told us they had replaced the potato baskets with "potato balls". I had one with steak one night & it was really good. It was like a ball of mashed potatoes rolled in something crunchy..I believe he said it was rolled in almonds.

aagh i wish they would not do that - another thing off the menu for DH (he has a nut allergy) over thelast few cruises the number of things with almonds at in them has gone up and up. Waiters do there best but it is a real pain. Keep the almonds for the deserts - thats no problem!!!

Archived