Miracle extended balcony 7248

hotsand

can anyone tell me about this cabin? good location? if you've stayed in it, were you happy with your choice?we have stayed in a balcony before but never an extended balcony so we thought we'd try something different.Welcome all information

thanks in adavance, hotsand

I'm booked in an extended aft for my cruise and can't wait!! The only afts left when we booked were on deck five otherwise I would have chosen your deck. I bet you'll love it!! Nothing better and relaxing with your favorite cold one and watching the wake! Enjoy!

can anyone tell me about this cabin? good location? if you've stayed in it, were you happy with your choice?we have stayed in a balcony before but never an extended balcony so we thought we'd try something different.Welcome all information

thanks in adavance, hotsand

I would not book Deck 4 or 5 on the 'Spirit Class' (Miracle included...) :( From there on up, they are fine..! :)

Have a GREAT cruise..!! We were in 6264 on the Miracle and loved it, but didn't care for Deck 4 on the Legend.. 4231, I think!! :p

oh no! We booked a B2B this morning and requested an extended balcony and the Carnival rep gave us 7248.......we were under the impression that it WAS and extended balcony, so I guess we'll be calling them back. The thing is , my husband even asked again if it was an extended balcony and she said yes......... guess we'll be dialing up Carnival:confused:

Actually I believe 7248 is an extended balcony. I booked an extended balcony and got 7190, which is the same catagory. 7258 is one of the highly coveted extra long extended balconies, the others are considered extended because they are about 6' deep and regular balconies are about 4' deep. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Barb

Thanks SO much brio 613! That was our understanding also. At first we were offered 7209 which is in your area midship and then went with the 7248 further towards the aft. I will sleep MUCH better tonight;) thanks again. I hope you enjoy your cruise too! Happy sailing.

Hotsand

We just got back from the Miracle and had 8176 with an extended balcony. It was nice, I don't really think the balcony is that much bigger. Your floor should be alright, I wouln't book the 8th again, too much chair dragging from above.

We LOVE deck 8. On Miracle and Spirit we usually book aft wrap 8268 but to save $ we are in a "regular extended balcony cabin" now on deck 8. I love that I can just run up and down the stairs to Lido for food/drinks/pool, etc. One of my fave things is to walk up the stairs when the coffee starts brewing early in the morning and bring a tray down and sit on the balcony and watch the sun rise. :) Even with the aft on deck 8, with the pool right over us, we never had problems with noise.

I think the "problem" with deck 5 might be that the lifeboats are right there. ALWAYS check the deck plans! With our extended balcony mid ship on deck 8 if we look STRAIGHT DOWN we can see the top of the lifeboats, but it's no big deal when sitting there. I think the lifeboats are on deck 5.

Thank you to everyone for the info.......Crusin Karen- No problem! Maybe next time we can try for that great balcony 7258- now THAT would be awesome. We will definetly have a great cruise though, we just LOVE being on the ship:D

Thanks again,

Hotsand

Just booked an extended aft balcony on deck 4 of the Spirit because I was under the impression that this decks balconys were more private? In looking at a lot of aft balcony pics the higher decks partitions slant and you could see directly into your neighbors balcony from around the side of it as well as being right next to each other if you were standing at the railing at the same time?

Am I wrong?

Am I wrong?

NO! You are absolutely right..!! :) If you want 'private', that is the deck for you..!! You'll love it.. :D

No one to look down on you, no one below you to look up, and the partitions are verticle with an added buffer plate... :p

stlrboo....Thank you soooo much for putting my mind at ease! Researched long and hard on this and definetly wanted the privacy on my balcony.:D Happy to know we will have it! But I have to ask...what is the "buffer plate" for?:confused: Sounds naughty almost! ;)

stlrboo....Thank you soooo much for putting my mind at ease! Researched long and hard on this and definetly wanted the privacy on my balcony.:D Happy to know we will have it! But I have to ask...what is the "buffer plate" for?:confused: Sounds naughty almost! ;)
Yeah, I guess it does, but its really only a slab of plastic or something, attached to the verticle partition support.. maybe 12" wide at the most! I suppose it would keep the next door neighbor from trying to 'see in'... :rolleyes:

I was always so busy with the DW on the balcony, I never woulda' considered looking elsewhere.. :D Have FUN!! :p

Just booked an extended aft balcony on deck 4 of the Spirit because I was under the impression that this decks balconys were more private? In looking at a lot of aft balcony pics the higher decks partitions slant and you could see directly into your neighbors balcony from around the side of it as well as being right next to each other if you were standing at the railing at the same time?

Am I wrong?

IF i was doing an alaskan cruise-- this is a deck to have (especially the end of Septemeber. Deck 4 is completly covered. No worries if it rains

We were on the Miracle Jan. 14, 2011 and had an extended balcony 8158 and loved it. Had a overhang and when we were in St. Lucia, it rained the whole time, it was nice to sit on the balcony, have a drink and watch it rain. Very convenient to the lido also, just walk up a set of steps and there you were. Would definately have that cabin again, didnt hear any scrapping noise from the Lido at all.

IF i was doing an alaskan cruise-- this is a deck to have (especially the end of Septemeber. Deck 4 is completly covered. No worries if it rains
That is true! :)

HOWEVER, that is why there are no Alaskan nor TransAtlantics on my schedule..

Why go where its cool/cold and a chance of rain every day.. :eek: :eek:

Told the 'Boss' that the Southern Caribbean is where I want to live..!!!:cool: If only......

Im with you on that one....would love to spend the rest of my days in a warm, tropical paradise!:rolleyes: I cant stand the winters in Nevada...yes, I said Nevada! Thats how much I do NOT like any kind of cold! I hope you get your dream one day...

And thanks for the info on the "buffer plate". Sorry my mind went "south" on that one...may explain why im looking for so much "privacy" on my balcony! :D Happy Cruisin' everyone!

Archived