Royal Caribbean has canceled Egypt through November 2011

Gordo

Per the RCI website today, they have decided to cancel Egypt through November 2011 (extended from June 2011).

Egypt - Itinerary Changes

March 18, 2011

Royal Caribbean International continues to monitor the situation in Egypt. Due to the uncertainty in Egypt, and in an abundance of caution, we have decided to cancel additional port calls to Egypt through November.

They have changed our itinerary for the Mariner on September 8th to include an overnight in Istanbul, Turkey instead of Alexandria, Egypt. :mad:

Sorry to hear about your disappointment in missing Egypt - it really is amazing - but if you can look at the bright side, overnight stops are a FANTASTIC way to see a port in more depth. We've had a couple overnights now, and it lends a completely different flavor to things. On the first day, you can savor more because you know that you can't possibly miss the ship. You can have dinner ashore, or just go back out to experience the nightlife. On the second day, you can go see all those things you found out about or heard about too late on the first...

So while I'm sure Egypt was a key reason for taking this trip, at least you get this new experience instead of just another day at sea. I'm not trying to say you shouldn't be disappointed...just hoping to cushion the blow a bit.

well, I hate to cheer too soon, but our Nov. 3 sailing on the brillliance is still scheduled to go there.

Good for you - hope it stays on your schedule.

So while I'm sure Egypt was a key reason for taking this trip, at least you get this new experience instead of just another day at sea. I'm not trying to say you shouldn't be disappointed...just hoping to cushion the blow a bit.

This was the main reason we booked this itinerary. Maybe they will post the 2012 Med schedules soon and we can push out this adventure to next year.

Per the RCI website today, they have decided to cancel Egypt through November 2011 (extended from June 2011).

Egypt - Itinerary Changes

March 18, 2011

Royal Caribbean International continues to monitor the situation in Egypt. Due to the uncertainty in Egypt, and in an abundance of caution, we have decided to cancel additional port calls to Egypt through November.

They have changed our itinerary for the Mariner on September 8th to include an overnight in Istanbul, Turkey instead of Alexandria, Egypt. :mad:

Istanbul is wonderful and so easy to do on your own, the tram system runs by the port ,is reliable and cheap. We had an overnight there on the Navigator and managed to see the Topkapi palace, Sophia Palace and Blue mosque all from the taking the tram. I want to go back and would be pleased at the change in the itinerary:)

Archived