When did your Guarantee Room get assigned

vizzle

We booked with a travel industry discount gtd balcony on 7/11 Legend. Not expecting an upgrade, but it would be nice!

Just wondering when they normally notify you - and HOW to do they notify you - email?

This is our first cruise, so all totally new experience for us!

For anyone that did get it that day? What did they do about your luggage? That would scare the crap out of me!!!

Our cabin was changed from the day before sailing and the people had an updated list they checked against. Went from inside on a lower deck to OV on Empress deck. Sweet.

Cruising in 10 days! Still have not gotten my room!

we are cruising on Tuesday and still have no room assignment. Nervous..looks like the cruise is nearly sold out! :eek:

I just sailed May 6 on the Miracle. Our ship was also sold out and we didn't get our room until we arrived at port. We had booked an inside and got a french door room on deck 4. We loved it- it was an amazing upgrade! It convinced us that we want a balcony for our second cruise. We loved having the light and fresh air. Good luck with your room assignments!!

When did your Guarantee Room get assigned?

They gave us our cabin number when I called in to book.. however, I couldn't print out my luggage tags until about 2 weeks before our cruise. It kept saying TBA

We cruise this weekend! :)

When did your Guarantee Room get assigned?

They gave us our cabin number when I called in to book.. however, I couldn't print out my luggage tags until about 2 weeks before our cruise. It kept saying TBA

We cruise this weekend! :)

That raises a good point. How do you print those tags with no room. Will they give them to you there if you didn't have an assigned room?

That raises a good point. How do you print those tags with no room. Will they give them to you there if you didn't have an assigned room?

Just print out the tags with the TBA and when you find out the room number you can write the number on the tags.

We are cruising in 9 days and just got our room assignment this afternoon. We booked a balcony guarantee, which at the time was cheaper than an obstructed view, we got an 8A balcony on deck 4 aft, which isn't the lowest balcony category, and it isn't obstructed, which is all I really hoped for. :)

We are cruising in 9 days and just got our room assignment this afternoon. We booked a balcony guarantee, which at the time was cheaper than an obstructed view, we got an 8A balcony on deck 4 aft, which isn't the lowest balcony category, and it isn't obstructed, which is all I really hoped for. :)

I ship in 9 days too. You going too? Miracle?

We are sailing in 3 days and have no room. Glad to see that this works out for most people. First time with a guarantee and was becoming nervous, but I called Carnival and they said " if you have a

paid receipt you will get a room" Will post after trip with the outcome.

I don't get it --I'm lost. I booked a certain room number nearly a year ago and it has been my room number all along. Is there a difference or am I missing something?:confused:

For a discount you book a category and let carnival place you!

On our last cruise, we did not get a cabin assignment until 2 days before. We had booked lowest balcony rate, and did not get upgraded. But we were happy with our location, and that's the chance we took. On previous cruises, we knew about 2 weeks before and had received one level upgrades.

Our cruise leaves in 5 days, and we still don't have a cabin assignment. We booked a guaranteed oceanview, and, looking a the cabin selection chart, there's nothing left now but a few cabins on Riviera at the extreme ends of the ship. The balcony cabins and suites are sold out, so I'm not expecting an upgrade or even a good location this time. We've booked guaranteed ocean view several times in the past, and we've always gotten exactly what we booked and in a decent location. Of course, DH tells me it may mean we are getting the owner's suite or something fantastic, but we'll find out within the next 5 days, I guess.

What did you get?

I have a question re: balcony guarantee. Can you get a guarantee for only 8A and higher so that it's not an obstructed view? :confused:

No. You can only choose the type of room you want and they can put you in any of those rooms or better. I'm so glad I did it for our first cruise last week since I did not know the ship at all and didn't care where I was. However, I don't think I would take the chance again (although we DID receive an upgrade and had a perfect room/location) because I know I want to be midship next time (like we were this time). I don't think I could get that lucky again.

I have a question re: balcony guarantee. Can you get a guarantee for only 8A and higher so that it's not an obstructed view? :confused:

Probably need to call in for that. Never seen that option on the website.

The oddest GTY we did was when we needed two triple OV cabins on the Paradise. There were only 2 available. We were shocked that we were able to book the cabins as GTY. Saved $80 and got our cabin assignment immediately.:D

I'm sailing June 5th on the Glory, and I'm still waiting for my assignment. Though, to be fair, I only booked last week Wednesday.

Any chance of finding out where my cabin would be prior to arriving at Port?

I'm sailing June 5th on the Glory, and I'm still waiting for my assignment. Though, to be fair, I only booked last week Wednesday.

Any chance of finding out where my cabin would be prior to arriving at Port?

I finally Found out a week ago.

Good to know that some people really do get their cabin at the port. They mentioned that when I upgraded to a GTY for just a few dollars more, but I thought they were maybe exaggerating.

For anyone that did get it that day? What did they do about your luggage? That would scare the crap out of me!!!

On our cruise out of Galveston we didn't have the assignment until we got to the port. The porter had the manifest and looked up the room for us, gave us tags for that deck and just wrote our cabin number on it. I had read the advice to take pre-printed address labels to stick on these tags rather than have to stand there and write all our info on them...that was great advice! The porters will take care of you if you don't have the assignment until you get there.

I don't get it --I'm lost. I booked a certain room number nearly a year ago and it has been my room number all along. Is there a difference or am I missing something?:confused:

If you book a "guarantee" you are guaranteed to get that kind of cabin (or better) but Carnival will pick the actual stateroom for you. So if you choose a balcony guarantee, you will not get an inside or OV room, you will get a balcony and some people have even been known to get upgraded to a suite! Not sure this happens too much nowadays...

We have booked two guarantees and one pack-n-go. THe first guarantee was for OV, and we had the assignment pretty much right away (you will see it on your Carnival booking when you go to the Carnival site - it will usually change from TBD to the actual cabin number), and that cabin was midship on the Main Deck...perfect location for the price.

Second was an inside guarantee...didn't get the assignment until we got to the pier, and it was an upgrade to an OV again on the Main deck, so we were happy about that.

Pack-n-go we booked about three weeks ago for a sailing June 12th (so about 5 weeks out from the cruise) and got the assignment about a week after booking. We booked the balcony PNG and got assigned an extended balcony on the Upper deck...again, a location that seems good to us. My only thoughts on this are about the connecting doors, because the reviews say this means no couch in the room, and there is not a good sound barrier where the door is...so here's hoping we don't have loud neighbors! I can do without the couch, and the price was great for the PNG...I'll live with the connecting door.

So in essence...there is no set day you will receive the assignment, but it may work in your favor to get it later rather than sooner.

Archived