When did your Guarantee Room get assigned

vizzle

When did your Guarantee Room get assigned?

And

Is it true the longer it takes the better the upgrade?

That is what my travel agent says.

Waiting on a minimum of a balcony.

We are 72 days away from out cruise, and was wondering what your experiences were.

Thanks!

We booked a Pack and Go rate for a June cruise, about 2 weeks ago.

In less than a week we had our assignment. We booked inside guarantee, and got a porthole room (the furthest one back before they change into true oceanviews). Even on Riviera deck, it's a better "upgrade" than we had expected. The other couple that booked with us are right next door in a PT room as well.

My sis left for a cruise this past Thursday, didn't have her room assignment until the day before. They booked about 2 months out. She had an inside guarantee and ended up on Empress deck in a 4J (cabin on front of ship with window overlooking the public deck). She was quite happy.

It all depends...:p

GP

I've booked guarantee on a number of occasions and have gotten cabin assignments anywhere from four days to seventy five days out. Some folks haven't gotten a cabin assignment until arriving at the cruise terminal! Most of those were pretty good upgrades.

To tell you the truth, the cabin assignment I got four days out was no better than any other. In fact, I got exactly the category cabin I paid for so no upgrade at all.

:)

Good to know that some people really do get their cabin at the port. They mentioned that when I upgraded to a GTY for just a few dollars more, but I thought they were maybe exaggerating.

For anyone that did get it that day? What did they do about your luggage? That would scare the crap out of me!!!

Our cruise leaves in 5 days, and we still don't have a cabin assignment. We booked a guaranteed oceanview, and, looking a the cabin selection chart, there's nothing left now but a few cabins on Riviera at the extreme ends of the ship. The balcony cabins and suites are sold out, so I'm not expecting an upgrade or even a good location this time. We've booked guaranteed ocean view several times in the past, and we've always gotten exactly what we booked and in a decent location. Of course, DH tells me it may mean we are getting the owner's suite or something fantastic, but we'll find out within the next 5 days, I guess.

upgraded to a balcony guarantee that was on a pack and go special about 30 days before sailing....got assigned a cabin # the same day, and was assigned an 8k extended balcony! deck 7 midship (spirit class)....i was surprised at the upgrade from a standard balcony and very happy!

When did your Guarantee Room get assigned?

And

Is it true the longer it takes the better the upgrade?

That is what my travel agent says.

Waiting on a minimum of a balcony.

We are 72 days away from out cruise, and was wondering what your experiences were.

Thanks!

final payment just came-- so now they will inventory what is left and start having sales. Seems that lately people are getting assigned closer to 45-35 days out.

Hello Everyone,

A December on the Liberty, one of our four cabins was an inside guarantee(it was cheaper than the 3rd person rate). We did not recieve an assignment until check-in; an ocean view cabin with the floor-ceiling windows. Excellent, Excellent cabin much better than a balcony we thought.

Good luck.

Samantha.

So did your profile on Carnival.com just begin to show a cabin number or what?

It's been about 7 years since we booked a guarantee. Back then there was a way of finding out thru the gifts area. That time we booked a balcony guarantee and ended up in the top category of balcony.

Its been several years that we have stoped doing a guarantee , we did 4 of them. You can get your cabin number anywhere from 30 days out to when you get to the port. Never got a upgrade from what we booked. 2 times we got moved up a deck but same cabin cat, we don't do it anymore, last 2 we got were at the front of the ship and you can't get it changed, we didn't care for that. So no more guarantee cabins.

We had one sailing where our cabin was not assigned until we got to the port. It was our first cruise on the Sensation when it sailed out of Tampa...and we were upgraded to a balcony room....completely with priority embarkation!

We booked and inside guarentee and right after everyone had to make final payment they assigned our rooms.

Deck 5 forward not much different then we book and choose a room. No complaints and for the price it was a deal.

I would do a guarentee cabin assignment again.

Just got mine yesterday. I am 30 days out. Paid for a pack-n-go balcony. Got an 8C category. The lowest is 8a. We are happy that is it on a quiet floor and mid-ship, so all in all, a good deal.

Ps. I didn't book gty-cause it wasn't a choice when I booked, but they nvery nicely let me upgrade to the gty balcony rate.

We finally got our cabin assignment yesterday, 3 days before sailing. It's exactly what we paid for, an ocean view on Riviera deck. That's fine with us since we are happy just to be going on another cruise. We did get a free upgrade to first class for our flight to Ft. Lauderdale (DH's frequent flyer program ) , and I guess that makes up for no free upgrade on our cabin.

We booked inside guarantee on a pack-n-go rate for Liberty and ended up inside on deck 8 - but not under the pool or chairs. We appeared to be under the tiered area of the Lido deck below the upper pool deck area - and never heard much - occasionally we heard running feet, but never at night and it was never a problem.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat - we got our assignment 35 days out.

• 4 weeks later...

Last week we booked the Pack-N-Go rate on the 5/2 Elation sailing. That was on Thursday and I filled out all our Fun Pass info that same evening. Though I didn't expect to find a room number posted so soon, it was there the next afternoon.

This was only our second IN guarantee in many cruises and both turned our okay so I'm not as scared of taking the chance as I once was. Both have been insides on upper decks and more forward than I'd have chosen myself, but still good locations and I am very happy with our assignment.

We sail May 1st and received our cabin number 3 weeks ago. Booked an Inside Guarantee and received Inside Cabin 9248 on Lido Deck.

I am very happy with the location. It's right down from the buffets and pools.

We always book guarantee cabins. The price can't be beat.

Last year on the Glory we booked an Oceanview guarantee and ended up on the Riviera Deck which is near the bottom deck. My husband wasn't that thrilled, but I was happy, being that we had two tender ports Belize and Caymens. Didn't have to wait for elevators. Just walked one level up. Very convenient.

Good Luck.

Archived