Anyone ever been to Jost Van Dyke?

justcruising

• 2 weeks later...

we are taking an excursion through Celebrity to Jost Van Dyke, I have heard many great things about this Isand, and I cannot wait, of course we will have a drink at Foxy's!!!!!

we are taking an excursion through Celebrity to Jost Van Dyke, I have heard many great things about this Isand, and I cannot wait, of course we will have a drink at Foxy's!!!!!

Hmmm...Celebrity...I just ordered an RCL brochure...I wonder if they go there, too.

THanks for the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We went to Jost Van Dyke with the on the large sail boat with Star Clipper. We just walked around the small port area and lounged on hammocks and stopped off at Foxy's. Our friends took a cab over to the other side of the island where they have a nice long beach and a rough surf (that's why we didn't pull in there). Next time I think I'd do that instead.

We were not on a cruise when we went to Jost; stayed on St. Thomas for a week and took a day sail over with Jester Sailing Adventures (http://www.sailjester.com). It was just 4 of us; we stopped at Great Harbour (Foxy's Bar) and then sailed over to White Bay for a little snorkeling and relaxing on the beach. White Bay is home of the Soggy Dollar bar.

It was pretty much an all day trip; so I don't know if you'd be able to do it if you're docked at St. Thomas on a cruise ship. I think Captain Jim does do other trips to St. John.

Stayed in St. Thomas last Jan (05) for a week and we took a Britsih VI day trip on the NHII power boat. The Baths on Virgin Gorda, Marina Cay for lunch at Pusser's, Snokel off Guana Island, and then to Jost. We did't stop at Foxy's, we went to White Bay Beach/ Soggy Dollar. We boarded NHII at 7am at Secret Harbour ( I think) near Red Hook. The problem with this kind of trip (or any to the BVI"S) is you have to go to St. John to clear customs coming and going. Going our vessel jsaut had to get radio clearance to proceed, but on return you have to dock, get off the boat and go thru w/ passport or BC&DL. Doing this, all boats are first come first serve. meaning if theirs 5 boats ahead of you with 20+ passengers each, you'll be waiting awhile. I would make sure to do a trip that is going to allow for your ships departure. As I totally fell in love with the BVI'S and was fortunate enough to meet some folks who live there, this Jan cruise we're taking, we are renting a boat ourselves for the day and my frien and his wife from St. thomas will captain it for us. He said it will work out to about $70 per person plus the $20 fee to go to clear customs plus whatever we spend on food/beverages and we have the freedom to go where we want and follow our own agenda. ***** has info on renting a boat of your own.;)

Tammy

tamlyn63@excite.com

ps if you want to see some pics we took go to:

http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictures.jsp

then type in password: tteurp

• 1 month later...

Jost Van Dyke is great!!! Went there on a day excursion during a trip to St. Thomas. We went on a catamaran (Allura) and did some snorkeling and swimming in the gorgeous White Bay and stopped for drinks at the Soggy Dollar Bar. I was wishing we had stayed there instead of St. Thomas.

If you go to the Soggy Dollar Bar, you must get a Banana Bender!!!

Been twice while on Sea Dream. They do it a bit different than most arrive around dinner time and anchor right outside the harbor where Foxy's is located then run a tender service in until about 2 a.m.

In the morning they move to Great White Bay where they anchor again and have a great beach party. At Great White Bay you'll find the Soggy Dollar Bar, home of the original painkiller, and a few other bars.

THe beach is wonderful white sand, calm surf good snorkeling. We saw a few nurse sharks along with other great fish.

Only down side is that there are times when it can get really busy with yachters who come all the way from Pureto Rico for the day.

Archived