Fun Question: How NCL been to NYC

CruiseAdict218

Can't forget NCL's all-time flagship--The Norway!

It seems that sooner or later almost every ship will at least make a maiden call at NYC.

Perhaps I misunderstood you, you mean ships in current fleet?

I don't think we seen the Sun, Sky or Jade yet

Is this thread saying the Epic will come to NYC? Does anyone know when, and for how long? Does visiting mean just a pass by, or that you can book on it?

Epic was in NYC early July 2010 at the end of its inaugural TA from Southampton UK and then for a 2 night travel agent/VIP CTN before going to Miami without any passengers.

I think NCL has been very good to NYC. More so than any other cruise line, especially if you like sailing in the winter to escape the cold weather. They have at least 2 ships sailing from here all year long.

The only other cruise line that does that is RCI and it's only the Explorer of the Seas, which has been here for several years.

X will only have the Silhouette for 1 winter season from 11/11-4/12. HAL pulled the Noordam out after 2 winter seasons. Princess will only be doing Canada/New England in the fall after this year. Carnival only does summer/fall cruises on older ships.

Thanks NCL for being loyal to the NY area.

This is for fun just curious how many NCL ships visited NYC. The Dawn, Gem, Jewel, Spirit, Pride of America & Epic soon to have Pearl & Star so any others?

In 1995 I took a cruise out of NYC on the NCL Dreamward. (We were supposed to go to Bermuda, but ended up in Canada due to a hurricane.)

I'm not sure if that ship is still with NCL. ???

In 1995 I took a cruise out of NYC on the NCL Dreamward. (We were supposed to go to Bermuda, but ended up in Canada due to a hurricane.)

I'm not sure if that ship is still with NCL. ???

She later became the Norwegian Dream and then left the fleet in '08 and is currently laid up in Greece

I think NCL has been very good to NYC. More so than any other cruise line, especially if you like sailing in the winter to escape the cold weather. They have at least 2 ships sailing from here all year long.

The only other cruise line that does that is RCI and it's only the Explorer of the Seas, which has been here for several years.

X will only have the Silhouette for 1 winter season from 11/11-4/12. HAL pulled the Noordam out after 2 winter seasons. Princess will only be doing Canada/New England in the fall after this year. Carnival only does summer/fall cruises on older ships.

Thanks NCL for being loyal to the NY area.

When was the Noordam here? I know the Veendam is here and currently here but didn't know about the Noordam being here

Archived