Booking hotel with NCL - pros and cons?

kerrytens

You generally won't know for sure what hotel you're going to get, and they can switch it on you if they need to.

Same thing for flights, you can generally find one that better fits your schedule at a lower price.

You probably will pay more.

You probably will not know what is going on.

You probably will get a "run of the house" room.

And more important, you give total control to somebody that really doesn't care that much. And, even if they did, they often can not do much about it.

Same goes for transfers.

And, in the vast majority of case, airline tickets.

On our last Alaskan cruise we had the cruise line order the airline tickets which were around the same cost that I found online (odd, I know) and also book the hotel, which was a tad bit more expensive than what I found online but I threw my hands up and just gave in. It was about $1oo.oo more but had the assurance that they planned accordingly for me and would back me. This time I definately took the time to plan our hotel and plane flights and saved a bundle. We also fly in and out 1 day early/later so we can enjoy a slow pace and not have to be rushed or worried about not making the flights. Good luck in your approach.

Archived