world cruise tipping?

okydoky

hi, has anyone had any experience of tipping on world cruises or know of any rule of thumb practices .This will be our longest cruise and the numbers have to be added up and be reasonable at the end of the voyage ,i.e.drinks, tours, tips.we would like to get some idea of what is acceptable ....thanks d&k

We tipped the recommended amount, and a bit more, on our world cruise, as both our cabin steward and table waiters did go the extra mile for the duration.

It is a factor to bear in mind when you book a world cruise, as are excursions, and tips do NOT become less, purely because of the duration.

If you did six, two week cruises, would you expect to pay less in tips on any of them. Buy 5 get one free sort of thing?

We have just returned from a circumnavigation on Oriana and Arcadia (starting in Brisbane) . We tipped as per the recommended on Oriana - and significantly bumped it up on Arcadia (excellent cabin/MDR staff) . I have no idea what others did.

It does add up on a voyage of approx 82 days - but we just regard it as a part of the overall cruise fare. This tipping business does gall me - and I wish it could be knocked on the head and the staff paid decent enough wages that it is not needed.

Barry

We have just returned from a circumnavigation on Oriana and Arcadia (starting in Brisbane) . We tipped as per the recommended on Oriana - and significantly bumped it up on Arcadia (excellent cabin/MDR staff) . I have no idea what others did.

It does add up on a voyage of approx 82 days - but we just regard it as a part of the overall cruise fare. This tipping business does gall me - and I wish it could be knocked on the head and the staff paid decent enough wages that it is not needed.

Barry

hi, thanks BAZZAW we will take this and other replies onboard(so to speak).....d&k

Archived