any big changes

rachel58

Although we loved our last 2 cruises with O we have not cruised with them for about 4 years.We are now considering another O cruise what I would like to know is will I notice any significant differences now to then.

Dear Rachel58

Lots has changed, I think all for the best and lots has stayed the same (if its not broke don't fix it).

Besides our new Marina, here's what I recall has changed in the last 4 years:

1. All staterooms have been refurbished to have the "Marina" look, including all staterooms now having mini-refrigerators.

2. There is now NO charge for soft drinks and bottled water

3. We now provide FREE shuttles from ship to city center where applicable (around 60% of all ports)

4.No more art auctions and ship photographers onboard

5.Internet speed has improved (we've doubled band width)

6.Lots of new ports and itineraries including 13 new ports for Summer 2012 Europe alone.

7.New and drastically improved shows/entertainment including production shows will, for the first time, debut with the start of the 2011 summer season (when the ships return to Europe and Alaska)

8.Starting with the 2012 Europe Season, a FREE one night pre cruise hotel stay is included.

9. Our second new ship, the Riviera, sister to Marina launches April 2012.

10. Cuisine is better than ever with new menu items having been introduced and MOST IMPORTANT, GUEST SATISFACTION RATINGS ARE AT AN ALL-TIME HIGH.

Hope this helps you in coming back for your third cruise with us.

FDR

I'm new to Oceania but I am very impressed that the president of the line takes the time to follow the Cruise Critic boards. To me, this means that he is listening and that he wants to please. Thank you. I'm looking forward to our upcoming Fall cruise on the Marina and am especailly pleased to hear that there will be free shuttle service in many ports.

David

10. Cuisine is better than ever with new menu items having been introduced and MOST IMPORTANT, GUEST SATISFACTION RATINGS ARE AT AN ALL-TIME HIGH.

FDR

Dear FDR

Just curious when the new menu items mentioned last November were being introduced?

Thanks

Lyn

CUISINE

• An expanded menu of “Jacques Pépin Signature Items” in the Grand Dining Rooms, which include Cotes d’Agneau Grillees – grilled lamb chop served with ratatouille and lamb gravy with thyme, and Gambas Sauté Provençal – sautéed shrimp in olive oil from Nice with garlic, parsley and tomatoes

LHT28:

The additional menu items will be introduced when each ship starts their 2011 Europe Season and when Regatta arrives in Alaska

FDR

Thank you

I was hoping they would have been on the Marina last cruise

Just another one of life's disappointments :D SIGH

Lyn

I'm new to Oceania but I am very impressed that the president of the line takes the time to follow the Cruise Critic boards. To me, this means that he is listening and that he wants to please. Thank you. I'm looking forward to our upcoming Fall cruise on the Marina and am especailly pleased to hear that there will be free shuttle service in many ports.

David

Ditto, David.

It's been a while but I can understand why, he has had his hands full with the new build but his participation on the boards is really appreciated by this "O" enthusiast.

Dear FDR,

Re: 3. We now provide FREE shuttles from ship to city center where applicable (around 60% of all ports)

Anyway to find out ahead of time which ports have FREE shuttles for an upcoming cruise?

Ditto, David.

It's been a while but I can understand why, he has had his hands full with the new build but his participation on the boards is really appreciated by this "O" enthusiast.[/quote

Yes, it is very appreciated, especially this day and time when it seems the only concern is for the bottom line. Obviously, not the case with FDR. He is also interested in the customers' opinions, concerns and even suggestions! :0

While there have been lots of changes, O still has that familiar feel to it that keeps us coming back. We have now cruised on all four ships and next year we will add Riviera to the O ships we have sailed.

I was thoroughly impressed with Mr. Del Rio and Mr. Binder not only being on the Marina maiden voyage but being approachable as well. The fact that they are intimately involved with the O ships means IMHO that it's more than a business, it's a passion.

Their goal is to bring happiness to those of us who can cruise on their ships. Sometimes I feel badly that our comments become critical rather than constructive. I'm sure that most of us mean well and you know that just about all of us are repeat O cruisers so our actions speak a lot louder than our words.

We love O but the downside was we mostly had to fly from the UK and DH hates flying. Really pleased to find that Marina is doing a number of cruises out of the UK this summer. Our only problem now is deciding which cruise to book ;)

Archived