How big of trouble am I in? Name doesn't match Airline ticket exactly...

zims

Hi guys, I know this isn't a "Carnival question" - but, since its regarding leaving on a Carnival cruise, and everyone here is such experts, I thought I would try.

My name on my Air Canada reservation doesn't 100% match my ticket(international) - the first name and last name are dead on, but I only listed the first initial of my middle name, "A" instead of "Alexander" - am I going to have any issue or should I be ok, since the first and last name match as well as the middle initial is accurate, just not spelled out?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the prompt replies... My biggest concern was because this was an international flight, but, it sounds like this isn't anything to be concerned about.

Even after inputing first, middle and last name on a ticket for my DH yesterday, the ticket and receipt E-mail came back with first name, middle inital and last name. When I pulled up the reservation it showed the middle name in the system.

I have a similar question but it's in regards to my cruise ticket. I booked a long time ago, we sail in May, and I noticed I was stupid and didn't use my full name. My full first name is Jillian and I did our tickets under Jill. Passport, drivers license, etc are all Jillian. Is this going to be a problem for boarding. I haven't called carnival yet but I know name changes are not allowed on my booking because I booked super saver.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I have a similar question but it's in regards to my cruise ticket. I booked a long time ago, we sail in May, and I noticed I was stupid and didn't use my full name. My full first name is Jillian and I did our tickets under Jill. Passport, drivers license, etc are all Jillian. Is this going to be a problem for boarding. I haven't called carnival yet but I know name changes are not allowed on my booking because I booked super saver.

Yes - when I called about the same issue, they said it should not be a problem, but they went ahead and changed the name when I called. You can just call them up and have them change it. If not, Im sure they are not going to deny boarding.

Probably not a huge issue that cannot be corrected or noted in the booking but personally I would call the cruiseline and get this corrected ASAP. Cruiseline documents should match your Proof of Citizenship

Probably not a huge issue that cannot be corrected or noted in the booking but personally I would call the cruiseline and get this corrected ASAP. Cruiseline documents should match your Proof of Citizenship

my passport has my full name (first, middle,last) but for all of the cruises that i went on and booked i only used my first and last. So far, i never had a problem boarding carnival ships yet. I dont fly, so i guess thats why i dont have a problem

my passport has my full name (first, middle,last) but for all of the cruises that i went on and booked i only used my first and last. So far, i never had a problem boarding carnival ships yet. I dont fly, so i guess thats why i dont have a problem

Middle Name or initial is not required for cruise docs, the problem with the poster is the incorrect spelling of her "First Name".

Archived