Transfer booking to travel agent

Jamerican71

I booked a cruise directly with Holland and was recently at a travel show and met a cruise agent. He asked for us to transfer our booking to im in exchnage for cruise credits.

Is this something you have heard before and is there anything I should be worried about if I do transfer the booking?

Thank you!

There is no problem to transfer from HAL to your TA at all :) However, make sure the travel agent you are transferring to is reputable and one you will be comfortable with :rolleyes:

I would also shop around and see what other reputable agencies are offering.

Good Advice. I, too, would contact several TAs including some of the online agencies. You may even get a better price for the cruise with an online discounter. YOu need to know that with online discounters you do have to call or contact them by email. Their websites don't show their bottom line price. We paid $800 less for our cruise (inside cabin for 2), got $100 onboard credit and a free dinner at the Pinnacle by going with an online discount cruise Travel Agency.

As mentioned above, check out the agency on the BBB website and do a google search of the agency and the words complaints or reviews. Read carefully, as some complaints have no justification. Sometimes they just didn't read the company policies before they purchased.

Be sure you get the bottom line price from an online TA. We were given a quote that was much less than our direct booking that I had already made so I transfered to the TA. They then added $600 which they called a port tax. This was in addition to the actual port tax that was on our original booking. Since we booked, the price of the cruise on the website has dropped by $600 each, but the TA has only passed on $80 of that.I had to go through many phone calls to get her to show that we should get OBC for our FCC and her promised $75 OBC has now turned into $60. Get everything in writing first before you transfer. In the end, we are only saving about $100 and that is if we really get the $60 OBC from her. I would not use her again. And I did check her with the BBB and she was ok.

Archived